This Disappears When Logged In

new here and need help

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by pankration360, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pankration360

pankration360 Member

im new here and my friend just dropped off a hatchling savannah monitor to me i felt bad for it cuz he was gona jus throw it away cuz it wont use his front legs it looks like its injured he says one day hes fine then the next day it wont move he keeps shaking his head around really fast. i dont kno much about reptiles but i felt bad for this one anybody have any suggestions on what to do if theres anything

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Welcome to HC. First off,,,,,read some caresheets on monitors to get familiarized. Second, I'd find a qualified herp vet in your area and get him in for a good look. Your friend was going to "throw him away" ??? What exactly did he mean by that ?

best of luck

3. pankration360

pankration360 Member

thnx for the advise i just read a care sheet and had NO IDEA that these guys get 5 feet he left that one out. im guessing he ment throw it away in the garbage or maybe he ment releasing him but then i said il take him i dont think im gona keep him.i dont want a 5 foot lizard someday but i also want to find him a good home .i didnt really like reptiles before this but hes actually really cool to look at since hes so small now. i kno its gona be almost impossible to find him a home since his upper arms are injured but if anybody lives near seattle and is interested in helping him out let me kno

4. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome to HC and Awwww poor baby.....to just get rid of an animal because something is wrong with it??? hmmmmm well hopefully someone will take him for you....

5. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Are you going to take it to the vet. I am probably closest to you on this forum and i can recommend a very good vet.

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

i would take it to the vet. Be sure to give it the best care until you figure out what needs to be done, even if humanely euthanizing is the answer. Not all lizards can be saved, especially one with broken legs.

7. pankration360

pankration360 Member

yes good advise on a local vet would help ALOT he doesnt look very good at all

8. nicole

nicole Elite Member

I just sent you a private message, I suggest you contact a vet tonight, Where exactly are you? Private message me back and I will do my best to help you.

9. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Dr Maas in Bothell 425 486 9000, if he does not answer, Veterinary specialty Center, in Lynwood, 425 697 6106 That last one is an emergency walk in clinic, you do not have to have an appointment, but I suggest you call them to let them know you are coming and make sure there is someone there familiar with reptiles, they will stabalize and transport them in the morning. Their exotics vet is no longer with them, They are still an excellent hospital!

10. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Outlook doesn't seem too good. I hope you can get him looked after either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.