This Disappears When Logged In

New Guy, Rescued an Iguana...

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Rickenbackerman, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman Elite Member

Thanks guys!

I'll continue to update this thread as long as it's still here.

I wrote to the owner of the "Ig Grips" site months ago, still haven't heard a thing. Plus I've got no spare MV bulbs on hand since the 100 watter for my turtle burned out after only two months and reptileuv won't get back to me, either. I wish these companies were more communicative...

2. Rickenbackerman

Here's a couple of pics of Ozzy's updated house...

IMG_20110327_142352.jpg

IMG_20110327_133752.jpg

IMG_20110327_133806.jpg

IMG_20110327_142339.jpg

Unfortunately, it's been over two weeks and he's still leaving me "presents" all over the place. Prior to the upgrade he would religiously go in the water pan down at the bottom every other day. I hope he gets back to that routine. Soon.

Attached Files:

3. ksola

ksola Elite Member

Ozzy was very lucky to have found you. His home seems very nice.

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Would he consider a time share for that awesome iggy pad!;)

5. Rickenbackerman

You'd have to fight him for it!

6. mld

7. smokeyy

smokeyy Banned User

dudee, STRAIGHT UP, i give you props! doing what you did, when i first started reading this thread it was when you had just learned the "show em whos boss" trick lol and he gave you the stink eye...

now ive read the whole thing, and seen all the progress and everything youve done for your iggy, and i am AMAZEDD!!... the progress that youve done for himm, all that TLC he needed, and honestly hes oneee luckkky iggy, to have strived through all that! and STILL managed to put up with you:p haha jk but really Under YOUR care, it seems hes been doing FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!! he looks soooo different then the first pic you posted when you got him! major props bro MAJORR props.

8. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

welcome and congrats on the ig, one day ill get another one, i miss mine. he was a rescue that was too late to help. RIP CONAN

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

How is Ozzy now? You have done an amazing job with him! :)
    Did he go back to using his potty?
    And how did you get him to use it in the first place when you first got him?
    I have a rescue that is leaving me messes all over the place too!

10. Rickenbackerman

Nope, the poo situation is hit-and-miss, and it's been almost two months since the addition of his "north wing". I did leave for a 3-day weekend about two weeks ago and the wife took care of him during that time. He pooped twice, and went in the pan both times. I came home, I got presents! I think he's trying to tell me something....

I don't know how I got him to start going in there in the first place... He just started going down at the bottom on his own, then I figured out where he was usually leaving it and put the pan there, and he just used it ever since. Until the "upgrade"...

11. mld

Sounds like he's a ladies man!;)

12. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I think Tyler wants me to make his whole floor his toilet but THAT'S not gonna happen! LOL

13. Rickenbackerman

Well, it took a full THREE months, but he's finally going in his "bathroom" now as opposed to leaving me stinky presents to clean up...

I know people have talked about the whole "I'll just build a small enclosure for now, I'll build a bigger one later" thing a bunch here, and now I can offer some input based on actual experience - build the big one NOW, iguanas (at least mine) do NOT like change.

Other than that, he's doing good except that he's starting to go into breeding (AKA evil launching biting attack lizard) mode now.

14. mld

Glad to hear that he is finally using the bathroom again and not poop painting for you!

Good luck with the coming season!

15. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Can you have Ozzy send Ty a message and tell him to go potty IN the potty and not all the way around it please?? LOL

16. justor

justor Elite Member

Great thread!

It's inspiring to hear how you've taken such good care of your feisty iguana. I too have an iguana that wants to kill me, except he knows he's too small to do the deed. He's not a rescue - just a baby that i've had for about 4 months. Handling is so stressful though. he fights me every step of the way and i get bit almost on a daily basis. luckily he can't do too much damage yet. I'm hoping that when he gets larger he wont see me as such a threat and will calm down some. right now he's just absolutely terrified of me, and gets totally agro when i try to handle him... hissing, biting, whiping the whole 9 yards. no head-bobbing though, I'm assuming this is because he hasn't reached sexual maturity yet. also i'm not even sure he's a male, but his attitude seems like that of a creature with some serious huevos.

17. Rickenbackerman

I swear, I can't win. Lately he's been pooping ALL OVER THE PLACE. And walking in it and smearing it around. I thought he was over it, but I guess not. And I can't think of any reason for it, nothing has changed. Grrrrr.....

18. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I remember you rescuing him, it`s good to hear he`s doing well!
    As far as him being as messy as ever, look on the bright side; it`s only for the next 15 to 20 years........ (Cheer up)..... ;)

19. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I guess your guy is the ornery type who likes to mess with you just for the sake of seeing you frustrated. :)

20. Rickenbackerman

Yeah, but he was so good for the longest time! He definitely seems upset about something, but nothing has changed...