This Disappears When Logged In

New From Wyoming

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emi.Sav, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Emi.Sav

Emi.Sav Member

Hello. I'm more of a lurker than a talker, but it would be rude of me not to at least add to the introduction thread. This is the first herp website I have officially joined and it is because the majority of my googled lizard questions lead me here.

My name is Jessica.

My fiance and I are on our second bearded dragon since we were in high school. The first we got as an adult and only had her for a few years before she died of old age. The second which we have now is also an adult but she is only about 3 years old so hopefully we will have her around for a while. Her name is Jewels.

We've owned 2 corn snakes, and a ball python in the past.

We also recently adopted a young Savannah monitor :) we are unsure of the exact age but based on size we are thinking less than 6 months old (she's not even a foot long, nose to tail tip) Our savannah's name is LP, and we are still debating on sex because we aren't super familiar yet on sexing monitors. This monitor will be our first big lizard, and we couldn't be more excited about it.

Our big herp goal is to one day own a caiman. The path until then includes one or two other types of monitors, perhaps some geckos, a tegu, and becoming home owners so that we can build structures for bigger reptiles without the stress of a landlord.

Thanks for letting me share the short novel. I look forward to soaking up lots of reptile knowledge from you fine folk :)

Atroxus likes this.
  2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Hi Jessica. Since you're a lurker you've probably checked out our caresheet on Savs.
    Savannah Monitor | Reptile Forums - Information
    Sounds like you are preparing for the large enclosure. It comes faster than you think, time to start planning.
    Welcome to HC.

Emi.Sav likes this.
  3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome Jessica!
    We have some very experienced monitor folks to help you along.

Emi.Sav likes this.
  4. Emi.Sav

Emi.Sav Member

Thank you, yes I have read the care sheet. I've also been perusing all of the set up inspiration on here and it's been really helpful already! I'm really looking forward to sharing our build on here when it's ready :)

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, it`s good to have you on the forum, I hope you stay and keep learning! ;)
    Just for the sake of asking, can you put a few photos up of the Bearded dragon and monitor enclosures and give some details of the conditions?
    At a guess I would say the monitor may be older than 6 months and it`s possible (if not likely) to be sexually mature, and if that`s the case there`s a 50% chance you have a female.

Emi.Sav likes this.
  7. Atroxus

Atroxus Well-Known Member

Welcome! Do you have pics of your pets that you would be willing to post? I dunno about anyone else, but I love seeing other people's pets, especially Savannah monitors, beardies and snakes in general. :)

Emi.Sav likes this.
  8. Emi.Sav

Emi.Sav Member

Here are a couple cute pictures :) they are both in 90 gallons as that's what we had when we got them, but they both have new enclosures already under construction. Their husbandry is all up to speed though, aside for some mild temperature fluctuations that we're trying to get under control. They have an Insta page, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to share that here haha I know some forum sites have rules about that.

I love seeing other people's pets too :D I spend all day looking at cute pictures/videos of critters hahaha

IMG_20180116_102607_109.jpg IMG_20180115_090113_115.jpg

9. Atroxus

Atroxus Well-Known Member

Those are some great looking lizards! :)

Emi.Sav likes this.