This Disappears When Logged In

New Enclosure!!!!!

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by MorganLeFay, Feb 6, 2014.

1. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

Hi everyone! I'm super excited, because I've finally managed to get an appropriately sized enclosure for Lancelot:) Before I got him he was kept in a tiny 30x30x30cm glass cube (!!!!!!), and for a while he lived in my old aquarium, but now, finally, I put my foot down and got him a great enclosure. The base is 80x40cm and half a metre high and I'll be getting a branch for him to climb on, so there'll be ample room. I'm a bit concerned about the heating, though, since the only heat source I have is a 14W heat mat that's only 30x30cm...maybe I should get something more:) Anyway, here are some pics of the new enclosure, I know it's very bare right now, but it's not finished yet. I'll post more once I have the whole setup finished:)
    2014-02-06 23.50.40.jpg 2014-02-06 23.51.11.jpg

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Its got alot of potential! Congrats I am sure he will love it.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What are the temperatures in the tank? It would really be preferable to have it all set up and running properly and decorated before moving the snake in.
    There are a lot of open spaces. Some cluttering up décor will make the snake more secure.

4. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

I know, the snake isn't living there yet, I just put him in to give some sort of size reference for the photos:). I'm currently looking for all the bits and pieces to put in, and I'll be sure to post some more pictures when it's all done. The heat mat is running, but I don't know the exact temps because the thermometer I was using got a bit too close and personal with the water bowl and it broke while I was arranging the new enclosure:( For the time being he will have to endure the smaller tank, until I get all the necessary equipment and decor. It'll probably be completely ready in a few days:)