This Disappears When Logged In

New Enclosure for GTP

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by kik, Feb 8, 2012.

1. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Hello !

Ive just finished building my enclosure for GTP. What do you think about the interior ? Is that too much or not enough ? On branches it is false plants (Im not sure its the right translation) and down its true plants...

I hope it's not too dumpy... Any ideas ? It's difficult to offer hiding spot to a GTP... I ll maybe use a blind...

dsc02228b.jpg

Thank's !

Kik'

Attached Files:

2. rosi92

rosi92 Subscribed User Premium Member

That looks great! Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the enclosure?

3. jamesw

jamesw Elite Member

Looks good to me. What are the dimensions of the enclosure and how big is the GTP that is going in it?

4. kik

kik Well-Known Member

It's a samll enclosure 60*50*60(high) [centimeters]. The GTP is one year old. The exact size I don't know exactly :).

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I think it looks great! Are the branches secured with something?

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I think it looks pretty good! :) Have you checked your temps and humidity already and do you already have the snake? Looks like it'll make a cozy home :D

7. kik

kik Well-Known Member

So, Ill modify things into the enclosure. Firstly, I ll put a tarpaulin on the floor to protect the wood, then on the tarpaulin and clay pebbles to absorb humidity and like this the ground will not always be wet. Then I ll fix the bromelia higher on branches because is an epiphyte...

@mld : the branches are screwed done and also silicone.
    @joeyG : I don't haven't checked temps and humidity yet, because the window is missing, but temp are ok without the window already so I think will be ok with it. And humidity I hope it'll be ok, but I choose to have true plants for that, because it can help for humiditiy.... I don't have the snake I prefer be totally ready before keeping the snake...

8. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I like your style! :) Always better to have everything up and running before you bring her home. I like real plants too, they make everything look better and they work. Make sure to keep us updated on the final outcome :)

9. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Hello !

So Ive modified my enclosure today like I said yesterday... I put the bromelia higher and a biggest plant by hopping it will have enough light for the two plants behind the big one --> Ill see that with time... The water is missing but I don't know into what put it to be good and more or less natural ... Any ideas ? I m almost ready for the snake :)

dsc02247g.jpg

Thank's

Attached Files:

10. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

It looks amazing, Chris! Worf is going to LOVE IT! You will have to see if you need to add a few thinner perches temporarily if they are too big for him. (You can just use a cable tie to attach the smaller perches to the larger ones and then take them out when he gets bigger.) It might not be necessary, though. You'll have to see where he seems to like to hang out.

Question: Did you seal the wood underneath the tarp with some type of varnish/lacquer?
    Years ago I made a wooden enclosure with our first GTPs and I glued PVC flooring to the walls floor and ceiling and sealed all of the corners with silicone, then I could put potted plants or substrate directly onto the floor and spray the enclosure with water without worrying about the wood becoming damaged.
    For water bowls we just use glass cooking dishes (the kind you can make a gratin in). But I have a plastic one from Exo Terra for my ball python that looks like a rock. You can oder them at Qualipet: Reptilien Wassernapf

11. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Thank you ! So I used OSB3/4, it is already prepared for humiditiy, then paint with dark colour (acrylic paint) (two layers of paint), then also two layers of acrylic varnish...

I'll see for the branches, if I see he is in a good position I ll let lik this and if not I can add some small ones :)

Thank's for the water bowls Illsee..

12. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

That's great how you prepared the wood. By the way, you have PLENTY of hiding possibilities in there already, so no need to make a blind. I am sure he will feel very safe!
    You will want to be able to see him too!! :)

13. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

I cant wait to see how awesome he looks in that set up! Gonna be amazing :)

14. kik

kik Well-Known Member

BTW I building 3 others (same size) for growing snake (hortulanus, cyanea, boulengeri) and a big one 150*80*160 for my hortulanus adults (a pair)... I ll make them in the same way, more natural as possible... Ill create a thread for them later :)

15. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Feel free to come over and build me stuff :) lol

16. kik

kik Well-Known Member

Hello !!!

I finally finished the four small enclosures a few days ago... I have to finished the big one but I got now time so...it ll wait...

Hope it looks good, I m proud of them :)

dsc1894k.jpg

Attached Files:

17. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Great job Kik, they look wonderful! I love the plants against the black, the green really pops out :)

18. justor

justor Elite Member

Looks great. Very well done!

19. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Looks awesome. Great job.

20. HerpFanatic

HerpFanatic Elite Member

Looks real good. Very nice job.