This Disappears When Logged In

New Emperor Scorpion Owner with a Few Questions

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by cslammon, Apr 20, 2014.

1. cslammon

cslammon Elite Member

Just picked up an Emp the other day, since my last visit I have gotten rid of my Chinese Water Dragon (given to a reptile shelter), I couldn't care for him any more.

I have my scorp in a 10 gallon with 3 inches of zoomed jungle mix, one hollowed out tree (ceramic?) and a half cut log with some fake plant furnishings. I have a few general questions:

I have no water dish in there now, I have read that you do and you don't need a water dish. I keep the humidity up as much as possible, but do I need to give a water dish? I would obviously need to keep it shallow, but I don't have much room in there for a water dish.

Temperature: It's been sticking around 73-78*F - This is okay right? The summer months will obviously provide more heat.

Food: I bought some mealworms, but he seems to have no interest. I have been trying to feed him one with some needle nose pliers since I have yet to buy tongs. I don't want to leave them just in the tank as I feel they will just burrow into the substrate.

and last: Can I add earthworms to the substrate? I feel they will help keep the soil loose, and keep the scorpion active as the vibrations of the worms in the substrate would keep him "alert" instead of just sitting dormant in this hollowed out tree I have.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

BB6398EB-F297-402D-9188-F849FCCDD121_zpshziz3bvy.jpg
    4EF712DE-DD9B-4B22-8698-6E6759047052_zpse8jhhopc.jpg
    970620D1-4B7F-4962-BC70-8C0D0CC3A217_zpsx7amslnk.jpg 3CADBAA9-86C4-4CA9-8B80-C29EDB4451A5_zpsliyusgh2.jpg