This Disappears When Logged In

New Corn Snake, Need Some Help!

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Megan2104, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Megan2104

Megan2104 Member

I just got a Fancy Corn Snake two days ago, and I just need some info.

• One... Is it normal for corns to kind of sleep a lot? She kind of took a lot of "naps" yesterday's so that normal?
    • Two... How long should you wait before handling a new corn? I know they have to "acclimate" to their new environment, but I just want to know how long to wait.
    • Three... Are corns nocturnal? I mean I know that they are out in the day to bask and all, but like I said earlier, she likes to nap. But, when it comes to the evening, (7:30-8:00), she is moving around a ton.

So if you could just, help me out that would be great. Thanks!

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You should give a week to let a new snake settle in.
    While not totally nocturnal it is normal for them to be more active in the evening and night.
    Snakes don't necessarily have to bask in the daylight. They use warm stones, concrete etc. That's why you see so many roadkilled snakes. They are warming up on the pavement.

3. Megan2104

Megan2104 Member

Thanks a ton! So should I also wait a week before feeding it as well?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes...don't bother it unless necessary.

5. Megan2104

Megan2104 Member

So, its been 2 and a half months now, anf she is totally healthy. (Found out its a girl :D) She is in her second shedding phase. She started to actually shed yesterday, November 1, and she still hasnt completely shed. Anything i could/should do? Unless its normal.

6. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Hi, can we see some pictures of your corn snake?
    I imagine you have done everything to ensure that all her conditions are correct - temperature, humidity?

7. Megan2104

Megan2104 Member

I have made sure her conditions are good. The temp and humidity are where they are supposed to be.