This Disappears When Logged In

New Cage

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by jadewtch, Jan 2, 2015.

1. jadewtch

jadewtch Well-Known Member

JienLong got a brand new cage for Christmas (the lucky guy) and I thought I'd show it off as well as ask for suggestions how to make it better. Right now his uv/uvb is from his old cage because the new one I got is the wrong size so things will be brighter once I get the right one.
    2015-01-02 13.16.27.2.jpg 2015-01-02 13.16.50.2.jpg 2015-01-02 13.18.09.2.jpg 2015-01-02 13.17.24.2.jpg

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, one suggestion would be to use stouter branches, I would think the dragon would have a little difficulty climbing some of them, especially as he/she grows. I also think there`s lots of empty space which could be used, the back and sides in particular are quite bare. I do like the general idea though, with the fishtank in the bottom.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The vines in there will grow a great deal. I think some of that space will be occupied by those. I have a few of those plants around the house right now. I do agree that you may want thicker branches. How big is the fish tank?

4. jadewtch

jadewtch Well-Known Member

The fish tank is a 40 breeder (36" x 18" x 18") I wouldn't have thought of thicker branches, that's why you guys are so great. When I first put him in he leaped onto the largest branch (about 2" diameter), slipped, and fell into the tank. I have since then made sure to distress all the branches so there's a grip.