This Disappears When Logged In

New Berm

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by CountTripula, Oct 5, 2011.

1. CountTripula

CountTripula Elite Member

Hi thought i would share my pictures and also ask a question. Got a new baby berm not sure on how old she is cant be that old. She is very jumpy after i put her in her new enclosure. i will take pics of enclosures later. I know what size she gets to and what she needs to be in home in and what not i know what i am in for before anyone for warns me did my research. :) anywho are are some pics.

This is a mark i am unsure of idk what it is or where it came from. can anyone help? gonna be taking her to the vet today to make sure she is healthy she twitches at touching a certain part of her body near that area.
    lilth.jpg

2011-10-05_14-59-09_631.jpg

2011-10-05_14-59-02_309.jpg

2011-10-05_14-58-33_634.jpg

2011-10-05_14-58-24_785.jpg

2011-10-05_14-58-13_582.jpg

Attached Files:

2. justor

justor Elite Member

Awesome python. Thanks for sharing the pics, they are great! Sorry I can't really help with the question about that spot. Is it like a scratch or cut?

3. CountTripula

I am not sure but the owner was really rough with him or her. he was taking a pipe trying to pick her up then he took the top to the cage and was trying to hold her neck down i refuse to go back to that store! i had to tell him just to let me get her out cause he is just aweful!!!

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I wonder if its from where the yolk was attached!
    edit; beautiful looking snake :)

5. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Either that or it kinda looks like what I have seen when they get a microchip. Count where you live in the south it could be possible that your girl has been chipped? I would definitely ask the vet about it. MLD has a good point to, it could be where her yolk was. Gorgeous snake I wish I had the room and the extra help for one of those...

6. justor

justor Elite Member

That actually makes a lot of sense. It could be from a chip.

7. CountTripula

The vet had something come up today, so tomorrow I will know something. Also might I add, I had my very first bite from our red tail boa. Didn't hurt I was just more surprised than anything!

8. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Chips are usually injected under the scales, they should not leave a visible scar like that. More likely, that is where the yolk was attached - it is the snake's equivalent of a belly button.

If you snake was chipped, it would have come with papers and documents with your chip number, and registry information.

9. Kernel

Kernel Elite Member

All my snakes have that, but it's only noticeble on the babies, which would make me think it's like their belly button.

10. mimo91088

mimo91088 Elite Member

I don't know about the belly button deal, ive never noticed it on my snakes, but i agree with jen that its pretty unlikely its from a chip.