This Disappears When Logged In

New Additions

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by jdandlucy, Mar 25, 2013.

1. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

Repticon nashville has come and gone. the wife and i had a blast, and did not come home alone.

DSCF0183.jpg DSCF0184.jpg DSCF0186.jpg may i introduce Shelby. Female amel albino corn snake.

DSCF0187.jpg DSCF0188.jpg DSCF0190.jpg and Wicked. He was sold as a Carpet python. but as for the subspecies i am unsure. he is either an IJ or Coastal. if you can help clear up the confusion as far as what He is please let me know

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Very cute.

3. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Congratulations on the new additions! Im sorry but i can't help on the carpet python, good luck though!

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

5. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i read that about a week ago. and it started to bore me as well

6. Tired

Tired Elite Member

Beautiful snakes!

7. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Awesome looking carpet! I am 90% sure you have a "Jag Sib" Irian Jaya. It is most likely a jungle and IJ cross. It definitely looks Jaya, and definitely does not look pure. Pretty looking guy tho. How are you keeping him? They are easy to keep, but different, and he will end up being your favorite snake most likely lol. You know how snakes are addictive? Carpets are addictive on their own lol. Fascinating snakes. Active, docile (not at first sometimes) smart, and they make great display snakes. Please, let us know if you have any questions about care and set-up. Justor has a beautiful coastal, and I think there is another frequent carpet enthusiast here as well. Congrats on the additions

Also... either coastal or IJ is a HUGE huge difference. Like 6 foot difference. Coastal females get to around 11 feet. IJ females get to 5'.

8. fpstang

fpstang New Member

Very nice additions the carpet python may have some jag genes in it from what I can see which is nice cannot tell for sure in till it matures some.Looking good

9. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

Your albino corn snake has an amazing pattern. Super consistant.

10. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i have an IJ female who is well over 6 foot and 2440 grams

11. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

DSCF0133.jpg DSCF0134.jpg DSCF0135.jpg this is peaches, is an 07 hatching. i was told she is pure IJ, but i dont have much faith in ppls word.

12. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Peaches looks awesome! Big girl. Lol i love the redish hues.

13. justor

justor Elite Member

I'm seeing more coastal than anything else in the carpet. If there is any IJ at all it is a very low percentage. Nobody on the face of the earth will be able to give you a definitive answer except for the individual who bred the snake (and even then it depends on how meticulous they are about genetics). Breeders really should put in the effort to make sure their customers know exactly what they are buying, and that is more true with carpets than with any other group of snakes. Thanks to their multiple subspecies, high variability within those subspecies, and an ever increasing bag of morphs to pull from we end up with lots of out crosses. That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as breeders make sure their customers know what's going on, but that isn't always the case. My point being your snake is not necessarily "either" an IJ or coastal. It could just as likely be a cross between the two, or even a cross between an IJ a coastal and a jungle for all you know.