This Disappears When Logged In

Neon Pink Ball Python?

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by LucidSaffordDesign, Oct 1, 2014.

1. so i went in to my local reptile shop today to get some meal worms and they had a new ball python. it was labeled as a mojave but look like a normal except for one thing. IT HAD NEON PINK BELLY AND SIDES.. the pink when all the way down the animal and even on the head and went about half way up the side of the body. it wasn't like shed pink either it was bright neon pink like cotton candy except maybe a little darker, it almost looked dyed to me D: I've never seen anything like it. the guy who owns the shop is usually pretty knowledgeable bout his animals but I'm pretty sure thats not what a mojave looks like. although i suppose could be wrong? has anyone seen this before? could it be dyed?? it was a very young one if that helps at all.

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Getting ready to shed or burned are the only ones I've seen.... would be new to me. Any pics?

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It's also possible that the snake was kept on some substrate that wasn't colorfast and picked up a dye.
    After a shed the color should go away.

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Merlin beat me to it, but yeah, either pre-shed, burn, or some sort of dye tranfer. And if the color is that bright i would lean towards dye transfer.

5. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

The only other thing it could possibly be is a very young snake that hasnt shed more than once. A lot of bps show some pink colors in areas that will be white after a few sheds (ie pieds, leucistics, albinos). But its not really a neon color per se