This Disappears When Logged In

Needing Help with Plants!

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by Yellowfang15, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

I have a nice cage set up for my tree frog and anole. I want to switch out my fake plants with real ones though! I need plants that can stand the humidity, 85-90 degree temps, and a active climbing anole! I don't know what plants I should get so I need some help! I am looking for small sized plants though.

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Pathos has been my go to plant even though I'd love something else. You have to try to kill this plant. Sturdy enough to hold up my Emeralds most of the time, if they don't hit them at full speed that is :p

I'd be curious if any of the frog peeps have anything to add :)

3. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

The plants I say are great for an anole are probably ferns and maybe a small palm tree... But it's hard to say what can fit in your cage without any idea of the size of your cage....

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ficus Tree. They are great houseplants so they will do well in a tank.
    And they respond well to trimming if they start to over grow.

5. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

But like I said we can't really suggest anything without cage measurements... As anoles are rather small lizards and can manage in any enclosure ranging from a 20 gallon tank to a tank of massive proportions... And a twenty gallon can't really have a plant no bigger then some small house plants like smaller ferns... To a bigger custom cage to fit as stated some palm plants to a hibiscus....

6. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

I think after so research that this is my plant, thank you very much!