This Disappears When Logged In

Need Urgent Advice!!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Kevin-15-94, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Kevin-15-94

Kevin-15-94 New Member

I have two young iguanas and I went on a vacation and told my family to take care of them but when I returned I saw that they were really skinny it seemed my family Ivor looked feeding them a couple of days I've been really worried and giving them "Jump start" since they won't eat now. I've been giving them jump start for a week now and they have started eating somewhat but they're tails hips and legs look boney. I'm really worried and was hopping to hear some advice from fellow iguana lovers.

Attached Files:

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

We need all the details of your setup, and pictures would help as well. We need to know the basking site surface temperature, the temp at the cool end of the cage, and the humidity, as well as what your using to measure all these. Also their diet, how long you've had them, and so on. And I'll warn you now, they will need to be separated eventually, and the sooner the better. Iguanas are territorial, one of the few reptiles that are, and housing them together will eventually cause stress issues.

3. AJherplover

AJherplover Member

I think bugs, and parasites are also a possible cause, but since the belly are appears to also be skinny I don't think it's likely, Dehydration is also a possible cause, and loss of apatite would explain this.