This Disappears When Logged In

Need Help,

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Tylerrrr, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Tylerrrr

Tylerrrr New Member

This is short and simple because I am working at this minuet but I need help, my baby ball python Nona,(I have no pics at this time I can get them in about 2 hours when I go home) is about a year old or so and she shed once for me since I got her a bit before Xmas but I've read along how snakes normally look a bit dry and such before they shed and they won't eat or anything before they shed but my concern is that she hasn't aten in 4 weeks, she won't poop except for diarrhea and WILL NOT SHED I've been soaking her in warm baths keeping her cage moist and humid, I've seen about how the screen tops and whatnon affect her but she was fine at first but now she's looking very rough like the process of the fluids being built up under her skin appears to not be in play, I KNOW THIS IS A JUMBLE OF WORDS BUT IF ANYONE HAS SOME HELP OR INFO I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT, tyler

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

We are going to need to see the photos. And give us a detailed run down on the conditions in the tank. Also what and how often are you feeding. Photos of the tank may help as well

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Ok, take a deep breath. Now, +1 to everything Merlin said. In the meantime, stop with the bathing, it's actually detrimental to the shedding process. And it's not a substitute for proper humidity. And yes if you have a screen top you pretty much can't get proper humidity no matter what else you do. We'll see about what needs to be done to fix the situation when we get the requested info and photos.

4. Hiram

Hiram New Member

Okay so I got my spray bottles mixed up, wound up Spring diluted dish soap water into the cage to try and mist and get the moisture level right. I don't think I got any in the water. But does what little bit I got on the dirt pose a threat to my baby boy?

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What brand of soap?
    Personally I would clean out the tank.

6. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Typically dishsoap is nontoxic to humans, but I agree with Merlin, best to just clean out the cage to be safe.

7. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

You came to the right place for help! These guys are very experienced and you should really follow everything they tell you. Can we please see some pictures? How are they doing now?

8. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I don't like the bit about the diarrhea.