This Disappears When Logged In

Need Help With Rollo

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Zachwood, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Zachwood

Zachwood Well-Known Member

Remember i could not get them to fit i bought 2 from home depot but they wont fit it the fixture spots i dont know wat i should do

2. Zachwood

3. Zachwood

Is there different halogens that could fit u think

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I have to log out very soon, but keep leaving messages..... I would remove the domes altogether, then fix a wooden batten over the top to cover the holes. Drill two small holes in the batten for the electric flex to pass through and fix the ceramic bulb holders allowing the two halogen bulbs to hang down (I hope you understand what I`m saying)? I`m not asking you to rebuild the top of the enclosure, but you might also need to lower the basking shelf once you can get an accurate surface temp reading.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Look at the basking bulbs, they are hanging down above the basking platform, that`s what I`m advising you try and do...
    aja[1].jpg

6. Zachwood

Ok i think i understand what ur saying how far away from my iguana should the lights b and if the shelf is to high woukd i have to lower it or could i just get lower wattage flood light

7. Zachwood

8. Zachwood

So wat u r saying is remove both domes on that side install batton to cover holes drill holes for electical to go through then just hook the ceramic bulb holders to batton on inside of enclosure and have the halogens hang from that.( pretty sure i wont have to rewire anything just hook it up a little differently with batton and halogens)

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You got it!! Actually, looking at the photo it should be an easy fix considering the space you have above the bulb holders. Obviously you can`t work out the bulb surface to basking object distance until you get a Temp-gun to measure the surface temp, but once that`s done at least the heat from two halogens will properly cover the whole body of the animal evenly and allow it to reach it`s preferred activity temps (core body) which will ensure it`s immune system can function efficiently (that`s especially important at this time to help it heal).
    Then place the CHE on the right side of the enclosure where the other heat bulb is just now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

By far the easiest way is to fit a dimmer switch to adjust the surface temp, alternatively raise/lower bulbs/basking shelf.