This Disappears When Logged In

Need Help With Rollo

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Zachwood, Dec 26, 2017.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Yes, once the conditions are supportive a vet visit would be in order (if there are noticeable quite serious problems it would be advisable). No medication will work if it`s environment is lacking.

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You need to put the hygrometer all around the enclosure.

3. Zachwood

Zachwood Well-Known Member

Ok should i put it on other side away from his basking shelf and i am goin to get a better heater and see if this works ill leave it in over night to

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Move it around to get an idea what the temps/humidity are throughout the enclosure, yes, leave the water heater on 24/7 I never switch mine off.

5. Zachwood

I posted the pic of top of enclosure to imma get a stronger heater and leave it in there overnight to c it helps

6. Zachwood

7. Zachwood

The first ones look wet couse i pit some neo sporin on it i am goin to do the iodine and water tonight we have a vet app next tuesday unless i can get it bwtter

8. Zachwood

Im worried it might b infected dont know wat to do wat do u think murrindindi one good thing put hum down on bottom of his enclosure and he licked and sniffed around burrowed his but under the reptibark and deficated finally took almost 2 weeks

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

From the photos I would say definitely infected, continue with the diluted iodine until you see the vet.
    This is a pure guess, but I wonder if the previous owner used a harness around the back legs and that`s how the injuries occurred?

10. Zachwood

Wow i never thought about that. That is horrible if so poor little buddy gotta get that fixed what will the vet do for it do u think like i said i have the appointment for tuesday 3 days away im worried about him thanks for nessageing me back

11. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Did you apply some diluted iodine, and did you wipe off the Neosporin first?
    Edit: Has the wound been bleeding at all?

12. Zachwood

I am getting ready to get a break and goin to get iodine didnt have time yesterday but i will do this priority today and it really isnt bleeding maybe a little secretion of some sort but maybe a little drop of blood idk it baffles me how they did not notice this at the place i adopted him from

13. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

When you get the chance, wipe off the Neosporin VERY gently then apply the diluted iodine, if possible take a few photos of the area again. I`m around 5 or 6 hours ahead of you so it may be tomorrow (sunday) my time when I answer..

14. Zachwood

Been doin the iodine and water it is slowly looking alot better had to move vet app out a few days cause my wife got sick wats ur opinion on a hummidifier to get hummidity in enclosure until i can figure out how to get perfect

15. Zachwood

Sorry wasnt on the forum for a few days forgot about phone bill lol.

16. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Don`t waste money on a humidifier, if you install a larger water container and heat the water to around 80 to 85f it should keep the humidity reasonable so long as the enclosure is well sealed (no gaps around the door, elsewhere). There is no "perfect" humidity figure, it needs to be a range, the lowest will be around the basking area (heat bulbs), higher in the cooler places.
    Can you show a couple of photos of the whole enclosure including the basking bulbs as it is right now?

17. Zachwood

18. Zachwood

I already had a humidifier put it in his enclosure and it seems to keep it roughly 65% humidity with 85 degree temp still dont know how hot it is under his che and the other basking bulb in his enclosure i was curuous about the humidifier should it b down lower or should it not b in there at all and also he seems to get water dropplets comming out his nose everyonce in awhile like when it really starts getting hummid in there

19. Zachwood

20. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Why are you still using the CHE at the basking site, I thought you`d bought two flood beam par 30 or par 38 halogens? Again, the CHE will dry out the air and it will not heat the iguana`s body nearly as efficiently as a halogen..
    I cannot make the point strongly enough, the animal`s immune system is already compromised at least to some extent, it requires optimum conditions to thrive (and heal) you must get the basking surface temp within range and use the most effective heat bulbs (halogens).