This Disappears When Logged In

Need Help, Stressed Ball Python

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by skellyj, Nov 19, 2017.

1. skellyj

skellyj New Member

A few months back I rescued two ball pythons from my sister's friend. They were kept together in a filthy 30 gal tall with no substrate, hides, heat, or humidity. One was 2 1/2 and the other was a yearling. The older one was sick, but after a vet visit he is doing much better. The yearling is as small as a hatching. She wasn't sick (surprisingly). When I separated them I kept her in a tub, I recently upgraded her tank back to that 30 gal tall and moved the older one into a 40 gal breeder. The yearling has been regurgitating her meals after I moved her into her tank. I waiting a couple weeks before I feed her because she is a easily stressed snake. She still does not like being handled, flinches every time you walk past the tank. I honestly see no hope for her seeing as I've had her for a good amount of time and still hasn't come around one bit. I'm contemplating putting her down. I see no point in rehoming her, I've done everything I can. What should I do?

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

What are the current conditions of the enclosure? Have you tried smaller meals? What size rodent are you feeding? Have you tried making the enclosure a bit smaller and covering the sides so the snake feels more secure?

3. skellyj

skellyj New Member

30 gal tall, on newspaper, temps and humidity is perfect, she has a hide, humidity box, and a water dish. All sides are covered. I have downgraded her meal sizes, she was on fuzzy mice but I went to rat pups but she was still regurgitating that up. I keep up with cleaning it, doing a full breakdown every time she passes urate or feces.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, what exactly are the temps and humidity and what are you using to measure them, and can you put a few photos up of the whole enclosure including a top view?

5. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Hey there, we would really like to help you but have to start with your answers to the questions already asked, that is the exact temperature and humidity in the enclosure - it is really important, it's the only way, and of course the photos will help! Don't give up on her just yet. Thanks!