This Disappears When Logged In

Need Advice

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by JeanGrey, Jan 19, 2016.

1. JeanGrey

JeanGrey New Member

I have a yellow uromastyx who has recently stopped eating and coming out of his hiding. I feel he is brumating but I am not sure. I didnt ease him into it or anything. When I pick him up he is alert, but after a few mins he sleeps again. I am nervous it isnt brumating. Can any one give me clear cut signs its brumation or something else???

thank you so much!!!!!

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you put a few photos up of the whole enclosure and give details of the conditions, including ambient and surface temps, humidity range and how you measure those? Thanks!

3. JeanGrey

JeanGrey New Member

I cant take any pics right now, but I will later today, I am at work. Its definitely too small right now, I have a 40 gallon I was switching too. I have his heat around 100, and a uvb light as well. He stays a lot in his hiding, which is under the heating bulb. I also have carpet now, with some slate tiles as well. I tried bird seed and he ate too much of it.

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

It may be tomorrow (Wednesday) before I can reply again but when you get a few photos up which will give us a better idea of the setup maybe some other members will offer advise (Mike alias "kriminaal" has experience with these animals hopefully he will take part).
    Can you tell me the type of thermometer/hygrometer you`re using, analogue or digital?