This Disappears When Logged In

Nadia's attitude

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Jem_Scout, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I"m in Wisconsin and it's been a really cool summer with very few days over 85 degrees. Usually Nadia will go into breeding mode in November/December and have an attitude then. This year the attitude started in mid September. Can the cooler summer weather mess up his breeding schedule like this?
    Does this mean it will end sooner or will he have this PPA (pi$$ poor attitude) until Feb (the usual time for the attitude to end).

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Its possible that the weather has altered the pattern. It could go either way as far as being long or short, who knows. This year has been a weird one for igs and breeding seasons with males doing double seasons and such.
    Dominick termed it the Ig-Nino effect! ;)

3. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

WElll Ig NINO has struck here also

my 2 boys Rocky and Frisky have been soooooo restless...they are constantly scratching and pawing the glass ....makes me crazy....Rocky is bright orange in color and Frisky has it on his legs...

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Well, at least my guy isn't the only restless Ig out there!

5. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

I've got all juvi's in my care, they are always restless. lol

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! Two breeding seasons Merlin??? Are you serious???????

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

yep! Its times like this I am sooooooo glad that Zok is female!

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

AWW MAN Merlin! I could be dead by Spring! ;) LOL
    NO FAIR!!
    I guess I better buy some leather Biker chaps and a helmet! LOL

9. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Riot gear and maybe the shields that crazies use when they try to keep hot snakes as pets.

After Bob's aggression out side this year I know he is back to full health and strength -- I still have to figure out how to fix the hole in my shoe though.

Bob is still his calm self but I am noticing that his eating has started to slow for the season.

Mark

10. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Nadia is still eating like a cow...but I just think that's because he thinks he needs the energy to kick my butt!

(Yes Nadia is a boy with a girls name :p) Maybe that's why he's mad at me? He figured it out! LOL

11. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

So why is he called Nadia anyway? :p

12. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Well...the old lady I rescued him from had triple bypass surgery and couldn't care for him anymore. SHE told me he was a girl.
    The name that she named him Nassio (Na-shi-o). I hated the name and changed it. Well I didn't know any better and didn't care what sex he was 'cause I was to busy learning what to DO with this giant lizard (he was just about 4 ft when I got him)! I started calling him Nadia and he answered to it. He even calms down when I say his name, hold him and bathe him. The name stuck!!...the poor guy! :p

13. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Now if I could just get him to realise that he's a HE and not some crazy lizard with PMS!!! :p

14. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

lol, I can't stand it when I name a pet, and then find out that I gave a name for the wrong gender. I got a bibron's gecko when I was a little kid and didn't know anything about telling males from females. I just assumed he was male, named him Gex, and found out many years later that he was a she all along :rolleyes:

15. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

LOL! That is too funny :p Don't feel bad, I have a male oscar named Polly. Is Nadia all pretty and orange? I got to see Lyn's males last weekend (and again this weekend :D) and they were all orange and pretty. Very impressive. If I like the orange that much I wonder what it does to female igs?

16. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

He's in the middle of a shed right now. Sometimes his legs will be on the orange side and sometimes not...wait until the middle of winter...then he gets more orange on him :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.