This Disappears When Logged In

Mystery Animal?

Discussion in 'Lizards - General' started by Partitioned_Soul, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Partitioned_Soul

Partitioned_Soul New Member

So my girlfriend works in a floral shop and she found this little guy stuck in a dish. We aren't entirely sure what kind of lizard he is, but he is smaller then a dime and appears to like heat. I've just been feeding him spring trails and plan on getting him fruit flies, but I want to know if he needs his tank to be humid it dry. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Baby brown anole, common houseplant hitchhikers because the adults love to lay eggs in the soil. There is an excellent caresheet here on the site. Green Anole | Reptile Forums - Information

How do you have him set up right now? He looks dehydrated, mist the sides of whatever you're keeping in to get him to drink, as they don't touch standing water.

TamJam likes this.
  3. Partitioned_Soul

We found him yesterday so we don't have to much. I had a ten gallon ready and a few small water dishes. I put him in the tank with spaghnum moss and a heating matte which under some rocks. He seems to love the rocks and I have been misting him and doesn't seem to enjoy that too much. I have one hideout at the moment and will hopefully get more tomorrow. I also considered he might be a zebra striped lizard or common fence lizard. Do brown anoles normally have big toes and gray and black bodies?

4. Partitioned_Soul

Nevermind. I just looked it up. He is definitely a brown anole! Thank you for the help.

TamJam likes this.