This Disappears When Logged In

My Viv

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by rhinokeeper, Jul 22, 2013.

1. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

This is my female veiled cham viv.

Attached Files:

2. Zappa230

Zappa230 Elite Member

Nice viv and beautiful chameleon!

3. SuperFastSlug

SuperFastSlug Active Member

That's a pretty sick Viv. What kind of plants do you have in there?

4. Poison

Poison Elite Member

After SuperFastSlug (love the name by the way lol) mentioned the plants, I started looking at them as well and noticed what looks like bite marks on a few leafs. The umbrella plant is toxic if ingested in large amounts and veiled chams do eat plants so look out for that. I don't know about the other plants but I would do some research on the plants as well.

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I dont know if you should keep the treefrogs in there with her.

6. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

They have been with her all of their lives. All were babies when inteoduced into the viv. Everyone is super happy

7. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

Some of my cleanup crew munch on the plants when I do my monthly clean up. Again all of my animals have been together in this viv for 2 years. I do believe its ok lol

8. prjwh081810

prjwh081810 Member

What is a cleanup crew in a reptile tank? New to reptiles but know tons about fish

9. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Isopods, springtail, earth worms, roaches and more

10. prjwh081810

prjwh081810 Member

Do the earth worms clear the poo? Or what does

11. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Yes, they decompose all the organic materials in the enclosure. The isopods and springtail will also eat the crap but they don't turn it back into soil, they more so prevent mold.

12. prjwh081810

prjwh081810 Member

Thanks! Didn't mean to hijack this thread!

13. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

The isopods are my fav. I have large snails 2 north american millipedes tons of isopods and some earthworms. Not a fan of springtails the like to get out of the viv. I just wipe the leaves and trim overgrowth once every other week.

14. CelticAaron

CelticAaron Member

Nice viv. I am interested to see what everyone else does. Glad to hear that you are able to keep them all together. How large is the enclosure?

15. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

Its a 40gal tall aquarium it has 2 usb fans on top for circulation. Yeah its been 2 years and everyone is still flawless. I think my viv feels real enough to tuem that they don't mind one another. I have a game I play with my roommate called find all the critters. Takes a long time to find the frogs and cresteds.

16. prjwh081810

prjwh081810 Member

Where did you pick the usb fans up from?

17. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

As of right now. Try to find more than just my cham. I will post a vid next time to make it a little bit more easy

Attached Files:

18. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

A local computer shop.10 bucks and perfect for any all glass system like mine. They improve plant health as well

19. Poison

Poison Elite Member

I see a crestie(is the other crestie right next to it?) and the cham, I marked them.

20130508_162608_zpse1a46fa2.jpg

20. rhinokeeper

rhinokeeper Elite Member

So you found 2 of seven lol that's the reason they all get along haha they never see each other during the day. The crestie you found is my female she is the only one thet does her own thing any time of day and my cham has no problem with the crestie walking on her lol because I'm watching it now. The frogs get on the undersides of the broad ferns and other random leaves. The cresteds hide in a certain area together most of the time.