This Disappears When Logged In

My Tortoise Doesn't Eat And It Is Not As Active As Before

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by jacyap, Apr 22, 2016.

1. jacyap

jacyap New Member

not sure if my tortoise is a radiated tortoise or an Indian star.. This morning it's just wasn't moving much and didn't want to eat.. I tried putting it to water bath to cool it down or let it poop.. After an hour or two.. It did pooped but it's very undigested.. Like the picture attached.. May I know what might be wrong? Is it because it consumed some sand while I put it out in the garden?

Attached Files:

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Do you use any type of fertilizer/pesticide/herbicide in your garden?
    Can you provide a detailed run down of the tort's enclosure? Temps (basking and ambient), humidity, substrate, lighting, and diet?

3. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

That is definitely not a normal bowel movement.

Knowing the temperatures would be helpful. If a tortoise is too cool it will be unable to properly digest it's food.

Also what have you been feeding? I doubt it has to do with sand, but it may have to do with eating something toxic from the garden.

4. jacyap

jacyap New Member

I'm living in south east Asia.. It is really warm here lately so my dad added an umbrella so that it's not too hot.. We have this tortoise for years n we normally just feed vegetables to it.. We do give it water bath regularly but not much extra care n it's doing fine for years till now.. I wonder if it's problem with the birds or rats as they sometimes come to steal the food.. And we dun use chemicals in our garden..

5. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

Could be parasites. Is there a vet nearby who could do a fecal test for you?

6. Jus

Jus Member

I got my friend's Russian Tortoise to eat by giving it Flukers Repta-Boost and giving it bell peppers.