This Disappears When Logged In

My Salamander (Aneides Lugubris - Arboreal Salamander)

Discussion in 'Salamanders & Newts' started by crondiesel, Nov 20, 2012.

1. crondiesel

crondiesel Banned User

CkWUa.jpg
    GULEo.jpg
    and here is a little bit about the salamander
    Aneides lugubris - Arboreal Salamander
    Ill post more pictures of his enclsoure and everything later. i have him in a tempoary enclsoure now just so i can have him settle in get a little bit less stressed out and then im going to move him into another enclsoure. He/She is already hunting i put 15 small crickets in there and it was out and about chasing them down so i hope the little guy will live.

Attached Files:

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Cute! I didnt know salamander s lived in trees. i hear salamander and i think mud pit...
    But it is actually less stressful to just throw them in the permanent enclosure right away instead of moving them twice.

3. crondiesel

crondiesel Banned User

Yeah i didn't ither untill i searched up the species tbh, and i found him it in my pool again so i set up the quickest tempoary enclsoure and it actually likes it but im going to give it like one week untill i get the ten gallon for him because iv got to clean the ten really good, and buy new supplys for it then set it up really nice , im making sure its healthy now and eating first then ill put him in the new enclsoure and have a happy salamander haha :)

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

That works then.

5. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Hey there, great pics!!! Glad to hear it's already chasing down crickets for you.

6. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Cute little guy! Can you tell me how you're housing him?

7. crondiesel

crondiesel Banned User

right now for his tempoary enclsoure is i have cypress mulch and i spray and water down 1 time a day he has a water bowl big enough to soak in ang he has a moist cave hide that he already made a burrow for him to jump out at the crickets hes also in a critter keeper right now , but when i set up his perment enclsoure im getting eco earth,sand and Moss for substrate.

Im probally going to get him in the ten gallon today or tomorow. i just have to go buy all the substrate for him.

8. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

I would take the mulch out. Mulch is bad for their skink, just put damp papertowel in there for now. You will also need leaning bark/branches for him when you get the ten gallon.

9. crondiesel

crondiesel Banned User

IOx1s.jpg
    YKC5Q.jpg
    pNBo1.jpg
    his new home iv had him in there for acouple days and hes eaten and happy so yeah i think its an ok home for now what do you guys think

Attached Files:

10. Anolis

Anolis New Member

Nice looking specimens. I haven't seen any in years, and only the species in Maryland/West Virginia.

11. crondiesel

crondiesel Banned User

I redid the cage I know i said id put him in the ten gallon but i honestly see no need to hes happy has acouple hiding spots a pool and stuff to climb on i think hes good idk tell me what you guys think. Also he/she ate 7 baby Dubia roaches by tongs so there is no problem feeding him :)
    Gp6ck.jpg
    wzJyd.jpg
    nEFaj.jpg
    1rivQ.jpg

Attached Files: