This Disappears When Logged In

My Ornery New Fat-tail

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by Cahal, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cahal

Cahal Member

I just got this fat-tail on Monday. I gave him a chance to calm down and get used to me to feed him. I got some crickets today, dusted them and put them in with him (4 of them). He hesitated a LOT, but if they stood still by him, he'd seem to size them up and snag them. But it never looked quite like he was seeing them or looking right at them.

How can I tell if he's hard of seeing? I will NOT use any part of my body to test this out. I've lost enough skin to him (he's not that fond of me yet...). I wish he'd stop hating me! He's the first one I've ever had to bite!!!

2. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Honestly their bites are not bad at all! I have to pretty much convince Barbosa to bite my finger just to feed him. (He has to be hand fed at least for a while because he seems to not notice food or have good aim catching it with one eye and right now that is the only way to get him to eat). I think that aslong as he is actually eating he is okay. Maybe he just likes to sneak up on them. Just keep an eye on it and make sure that he keeps eating and pooping. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.