This Disappears When Logged In

My Newest Addition - Korean Rat

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by KhantiMetta, Apr 17, 2016.

1. KhantiMetta

KhantiMetta Active Member

Didn't plan on getting a new snake anytime soon but I fell in love with this girl and the seller was so nice and gave me a great deal! I'm in love with her now! Just thought I'd show her off a little bit haha. Thinking I will name her Uyae. And feel free to share any of your impulse buys, I'd love to see them! :) DSC06599.JPG
    DSC06597.JPG

2. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

Beautiful. :)

3. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Very nice colors and pattern, which species is that one? As for "impulse buys", that's essentially how I got most of my current collection that came from reptile shows, lol. I actualy go to shows hoping to find a specific species, but never seem to find what I was looking for. Usually have to shop online for what I really want. My Dominican mountain boas were researched and planned for, so were the Japanese rat snakes, but the carpet pythons and most of the colubrids were just ones that I liked and brought home. Becka is equally to blame, our pair of BCI's, Dumeril's boa, and pair of thayeri kings were all her ideas.
    Here's the most recent additions from the Hamburg show last February, couldn't find a woma python...
    Fire bull snake (Kingsville red x Stillwater hypo)
    P1060882_zpsxpriur7b.jpg
    Dumeril's boa
    P1060858_zpsiezn3ahh.jpg
    Tangerine Honduran
    P1060845_zpswmc8fyki.jpg

4. Karma Momma

Karma Momma Active Member

She is beautiful Khanti!

5. KhantiMetta

KhantiMetta Active Member

I'm not very sure on the exact species, Korean rat was all I was told. I probably should have asked more questions but I got too excited haha. Those are some beautiful ones you have, I especially love the bull! So far this is only my fourth impulse buy, the others being a kingsnake, ball python, and scorpion :) I'm sure there are many more to come.

6. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

If I had seen one that looked like yours at a show I probably would have brought it home as well. Asian rat snakes are generally pretty easy to maintain, though most grow to a larger size than North American species in general. Any idea of her age?
    Here are some of our earlier aquisitions. First pic is a young hypo Dominican red mountain boa, another year or so before they mature enough to breed. Have 4 this size/age, and 4m/2f adults as well. Bred the 2 females this year, will see how many babies turn up later.
    P1060724.JPG

Female thayeri king snake, male looks the same but different pattern on the back of the neck. A bit overeager at feeding time, she;s tried to eat a finger a few times, had to run cold water over her once to get her to let loose.
    P1060817.JPG
    Our first carpet python, has been as mellow as a red tail boa from the start, His baby pic is my avatar, little over 2 years old and cloase to 6' now.
    P1060779.JPG
    Everglades rat snake, sunset orange with a bright yellow belly, always did love their natural colors.
    P1060664.JPG