This Disappears When Logged In

My New Room!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by wildheart, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Craig is a NASCAR fan!!!:D:cool:

Daytona is this Sunday, and Spring Training for Baseball starts. Summer is almost here!:)

Forrest likes the view. It looks as though he is critiquing the work Craig has done. I hope it meets with his approval!;)

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

He SHOULD! It certainly meets with mine! I love it!

3. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Beautiful work! :)

4. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

It is turning out absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!

5. Critter's mom

Critter's mom Elite Member

What a fantastic room!! I think if you had a room like that and no iguana you'd have to get one to make it complete!!

6. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

It is amazing, too bad iguanas aren't social it would look sweet with more than one. hehe. I love it. I bet forrest does too.

7. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

It is gorgeous! Craig is very talented, and Forrest is one lucky ig!! Thanks for sharing as it comes together -- it really is amazing to watch Forrest's room 'grow'.

8. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Last nights work:
    [​IMG]

The tree trunks does not make allot of sense to me, but I will wait.

When this is done, I am going to let Craig read all your comments. There is so many compliments I am going to battle to get him back down to earth![​IMG]

9. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I like the tree trunks,:)

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They are part of the perspective! It will lead you into the sun and sky. Nice work!

11. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Oh shucks you guys make me feel so guilty about my comments every time! I meant to say, I do not like the tree trunks YET.:p

Last nights work. Craig has got flue so it is going slow.
    [​IMG]

This is where I need some help from all. I've been breaking my head the whole time of how I am going to keep this room 'safely' warm in winter. We do not have a furnace.

I am going to put underside hitters under all his ledges + the basking light above each ledge, but I know that it will not make a huge difference in the air temperature around the room. I am thinking of maybe hooking up bar heaters against the ceiling ... but I am afraid of the electrical hazard of those thins?

Any ideas?

12. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

You might be able to get a really safe space heater and just keep it on the floor. Most of the ones I have seen recently have safety features on them to keep them from becoming a fire risk. The same features would help with being in a room with an ig. Ours if it tips over (even the littlest) or you pick it up to move it - it shuts off. If you were worried that Forrest would get up against it - you could always build a "cage" for the middle of the room that is just a wood frame and then wire. This would keep Forrest from being able to get too close, and still allow all the heat into the room.

13. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That was also Craig's idea. I just think that it is going to look ugly.

14. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Is a Solar heating system possible? I know that there are several different designs and application scenarios. Maybe one could be incorporated into the design. ie; hot water tubing under the floor?

15. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Ok now you are talking thousands just to keep a room hot in our winter that only lasts 3 months?

16. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

But how 'cold' does it really get?:rolleyes:

I also know, 'Forrest';) is worth every penny,(rand?)

17. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

For only three months of winter, I think "ugly" would be fine (and cheap!).

18. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

You could make it not so ugly... Maybe if you use Lattice on top of a finer screen...

19. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Wood painted like fake vines over the screen.

20. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

The lowest night temperature is about 5C = 41F. Daytime 11C = 52F, but very seldom.

Ok, I'll do the heater thing inside the room. It might just get to hot, I know I am going to battle with this one. Cant even test it because its not cold yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.