This Disappears When Logged In

My New Room!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by wildheart, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I finally got hubby to start Forest's new room. He is a brilliant artist so I can't wait to see what is going to come out of this!

First up is the ledges to provide different basking temps. Then will be lights and the humidifier. I want to cover the carpet with a tent - ground cover, durable and easy to clean. Then comes all the plants, fountain with pool and logs. Hubby is going to paint trees etc, on the walls! We are also going to cut the wooden door and put a sheet of perspex in so that Forest can see the passage.

I am following your advice Kendalle by letting Forest be part of this whole project.

The room in its original state:
    [​IMG]

Hubby, Craig was making a heck of a noise with the drill, Forest didnt care at all. After the brackets were up Craig sat down on the floor Forest went over to inspect what he was doing:
    [​IMG]

I think Forest wanted to give a helping hand:
    "Come dad I will measure."
    [​IMG]

"No dad!! Higher - higher ...."
    [​IMG]

Ok, so 1% is done:
    [​IMG]

Forest's outdoor enclosure is just left of the window. I am still planning on building a 'tunnel' from his room to the enclosure so that he can come and go as he likes. (I must still tell hubby that idea. [​IMG])

2. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Very nice!:) Such dedication and devotion!

After the 'tunnel' is built, is the any chance for any 'unwanted' visitors to use the tunnel system from outside to inside?

Does Forest hold the nails steady enough for your hubby to bang them in straight:rolleyes::D:D:cool:?

3. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

How wonderful I wish I had an extra room! (but then again it would be a studio) lol Maybe two extra rooms!
    Forest is very cute. :)

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That will be a fantastic place for natural sunlight.

5. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

How wonderful! I can't wait to see the painting! I tried to paint the outside of one of my tanks, instead of using background, I like the way it looks from the inside, although it is very amateur!

6. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Not the tunnel that I have in-mind.:p

Off to home, convince Craig to carry on ...[​IMG][​IMG] Just joking, he looks excited too.;)

7. venus

venus Founding Member

Looks awesome. He's one lucky iggy.

8. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

If you do the tunnel I would do a doggy or kitty door on it so you can close it for times he shouldn't be outside... such as a thunderstorm, or when you aren't home for a few days

9. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Yes I also have a 'doggy' door in mind.;)

So last night the project went ahead. I have been discussing this tunnel with Forest but he came up with a much better idea.[​IMG]

"So mom, instead of building the tunnel all the way from there..."
    [​IMG]

"...why dont you just extend my outdoor enclosure to all the way over here?" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forest couldnt help last night because Craig were busy spraying all the boards, but he did come to inspect.
    [​IMG]

He likes the color.
    [​IMG]

2% Done.
    [​IMG]

10. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Beautiful! I love seeing spoiled iggys!

On another note I have the same exact pants as you, lol. Camo is totally awesome!

11. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Just came back from the paint shop. Wow but paint is expensive!

We chose these colors for the trees, flowers, waterfall, sky etc. It looks very dull on the photo, it is bright and vibrant!
    [​IMG]

Cant wait to get home...

12. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

This is going to be great. I can't wait to see when it's done.

13. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Forest wasnt very helpful last night, clinging onto me like a baby.

Anyway, Craig started making a sketch on the wall.
    [​IMG]
    It is a stream running over rocks with lots of trees around. He is going to do this with a 3D effect. Do not ask me how cause I know nothing about drawing, (cant even draw a proper house).:eek:

The rest of the room will be a lime color. I am still undecided about what I want on the other wall, any suggestions?

I am also undecided about the ceiling, I did buy blue to paint the sky with some clouds but I am afraid that it might feel to busy.:confused: What do you think?

14. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

Do it! "au Naturel" as much as possible!:)

15. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

It's fun to see Forest sitting next to Craig, I didn't realize how little he still is. What a lucky spoiled boy!

16. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

He is both my hands full.:)

Finally painting started!
    [​IMG]

"Will somebody please take the plastic off my paintbrush!"
    [​IMG]

Some of the background colors are done:
    [​IMG]

17. wgnelson

wgnelson Elite Member

That wall/mural is going to look so real, 'forest' will probably try to climb out on a limb, and find out that it is not 3 dimensional, but only 2 dimensional!:confused::p;)

Looks good. Coming along just fine. (here's one; "Fine as a frog's hair! and that's mighty fine!):rolleyes::D:)

18. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Mine tries to climb wood paneling it is sad to watch. Funny though.

19. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

That is not only one spoiled Ig, but one talented hubby! Aren't you the lucky one!

Congrats on both -- I'm enjoying the project, it is going to be awesome when done!

20. Raptor

Raptor Active Member

I know what you mean about drawing, I can't even draw a proper bath. Always too hot or too cold.
    The project looks awesome!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.