This Disappears When Logged In

My New MHD Viv

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by SuperFastSlug, Jul 17, 2013.

1. SuperFastSlug

SuperFastSlug Active Member

Here's my new Mountain Horned Dragon Enclosure. Complete with a waterfall/river feature w/ filtered pump. What do you guys think?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Pretty!

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks great, but he's going to outgrow that in no time! What size enclosure is that?

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

It looks gorgeous but to me seems a little small already but then again I dont know much about this species.

5. SuperFastSlug

It's an 18x18x24 Exo Terra

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

It does look awesome, but too small. That's not enough room for this little guy. Did you have plans to upgrade soon?

7. SuperFastSlug

Nope, I actually wasn't aware this was too small. Most people I've talked to and most articles I've read said that this was an adequate size for one MHD, especially since they are inactive lizards. And thanks haha.

8. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

yes they are pretty inactive but think of it this way. would you want to live in your bathroom for the rest of your life? They get up to 12inch or more long and that doesn't give her a lot of room to move around. Most of the articles Ive read suggest 4 ft for height min so they can change their own temps etc. It looks wonderful truly it does.. I envy you!

9. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

I read that too!! Hubby and I contemplated getting one since we have an 18x18x24 Exo-Terra laying around. I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet.:p

10. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

would be great for anoles, though.

11. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

;) But the internet says that "ManBearPig" is most definitely a real animal...Is ManBearPig real??? - Yahoo! Answers
    See! TROLOLOL! Everything on the internet is the truth! The whole truth, and nothing but the truth! ;|(| I kid.

Most things you find online, with a simple Bing or Google search about reptiles are based on amateur studies and have no factual basis behind them. Do your research with those prehistoric things we call, text books. Now, I know they are heavy and that they aren't the most stylish things ever, but they will provide you with the most accurate, scientific, information.

12. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

True enough... but I vaguely remember that breeder said that an 18x18x24 was big enough for an adult MHD. That's why hubby and I did our research. We were going to get a MHD.