This Disappears When Logged In

My New (and Free) Iguana Enclosure

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Ipanda, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

This was a macaw cage a friend of mine rescued from going to the land fill, a good cleaning and a new coat of paint and sealer a week to air out and we were good to go. My Ig, Iguardo absolutely loves it... Still working on it a bit by getting rid of all the wire sides and replacing them with glass.... and after he's a little healthier, I'll take out the divider... Total length is 7ft tall 7ft long and 3ft wide.

[​IMG]

2. Justinsane8000

Justinsane8000 Active Member

What an awesome snag! That would've been a terrible shame to just toss.

3. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

You can't beat free.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

What a find. That's a great enclosure.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats GREAT!
    And the price was right too!;)

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Holy cow! Someone was going to toss that? I see them on craigs list going for over $500 :eek: NICE snag!!

7. venus

venus Founding Member

Wow, congrats to Iguardo on his new home. What a mansion he has now.

8. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice pickup!

9. untsmurf

untsmurf Elite Member

Great find!

10. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

Craigslist for $500?!!??!?!! WOW! I was just excited cause it was in good shape and it was plenty big for Iguardo... But $500 in craigslist?! Holy cow!

11. schlegelbagel

Oh yeah, that goes for big bucks. There was also an enclosure, 2.5 deep, by 6 wide by 8 tall with a full misting system, background, heat and light, 4 thermometers and cross branches for $2500. It was custom made. A bit pricey IMO, but someone must have bought it because i had offered them $1000 for it and never got a bite.

12. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice score!

13. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

Can't beat that price haha. My family makes fun of me for stuff like that because I always find a way of getting stuff on discount or for free. Nice enclosure though, lucky you got it.

14. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

Haha I know the feeling, my boyfriend will come in from work and there will be 2 or 3 fish tanks with "free doesn't hold water" signs still on them (I'm a garage sale fanatic ) and he will look at me all weird and tease me for days about it..

15. schlegelbagel

Now why would anyone pass up a fish tank just because it doesn't hold water! And even if you want to put water in it, you just pick up a tube of aquarium silicone! People are dumb.

16. Ipanda

Ipanda Elite Member

I haven't a clue, when I see a free doesn't hold water sign the boyfriend says my eyes light up like I've struck gold (he wants me to put in when I see herp supplies on clearance/sale too)

People are dumb... I've been guilty of it I'm sure.... their loss not mine :)

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL I am the same way!
    Every time I drive down the street and see a big cabinet or piece of furniture I start thinking that I could make THAT into a snake cage!
    My lady just rolls her eyes at me!
    If not for her my yard would probably look like the junkyard on "Sanford and Son!":eek:
    Because we live in a "disposable" society.
    If it doesn't work, we throw it away and buy a new one!

18. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

I know what you mean, I'll be in my basement doing laundry or helping my mom with something and I'll look at the "junk" down there and I'm like "O I could do this with that" and my mom just shakes her head, same thing with my girlfriend to lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.