This Disappears When Logged In

My Jimmy Female Lol!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by mariette, Oct 27, 2015.

1. mariette

mariette Member

Hi all!
    You can imagine my surprise when my three and a half year old iggy Jimmy laid eggs.
    By all accounts, she was a he!
    After a weekend away, upon returning my son told me that Jimmy appeared to be really unwell.
    I fed him, bathed him, and whilst he appeared to have lost half his bodyweight overnight, I could not figure out what was wrong, and decided that I would take him to the vet in the morning.
    Jimmy sleeps in my bed, often climbing inside the pillowcase.
    Behaviour has been really really strange, obviously I am well aware of the need for a nesting box for females, Jimmy laid her eggs inside my pillowcase, where she often likes to sleep.
    Any advice ?

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, as from now you need to make sure nesting sites are available at all times rather than just when the animal is gravid (obviously you weren`t aware you had a female).
    Can you show some photos of the enclosure and give details of the conditions inside? Thanks!

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And pump up the food and give it a good dusting with calcium. After all the eggs her calcium is going to be low.

4. mariette

mariette Member

Done thanks guys!
    I`m happy to report she is doing well, back to her old self, destroyer of worlds !
    Lighting, humidity, temperature, uv, care, supplements etc. all good.
    Cage is roughly around 1.8 x 2.5m, however she uses it more for climbing, as she free roams, I do no own other pets.
    UV, Humidity, basking spots, branches for climbing, (she prefers blinds) even National Geographic all day, throughout my house, upstairs and downstairs, she makes good use of them all. (I am never going to get used to saying SHE)
    Nesting sites coming up!

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, sorry to ask again but can you put a few photos up of the whole enclosure and give details of the temps and humidity range? Thanks!

TamJam likes this.