This Disappears When Logged In

My Iguanas cage

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by Jem_Scout, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I posted this on another site and thought I would share parts of it with you guys....

My Ig is only 3-4 yrs old and is 5 feet long already!
    My cage is made of 4 sliding glass house doors. We attatched the doors together standing up in a stop sign shape and hinged them together. The door of the cage is made of galvanized wire covered by a blanket and it is the same size of the sliding glass doors. The 'roof' is covered in the same wire with plywood over the top of that to hold in the heat and humidity better. The floor is made of plywood with Linolium covering it. The lin goes up the sides of the door bottoms (about 2 inches) to hold in any mess that he makes in case he misses the potty lol We have 2 shelves, one mid level and one higher up for him to sleep and bask on. His lights hang from the top wire on the 'roof'.
    The best part about this cage? All the glass doors we got for free just by spreading the word that we were looking for them for an Ig cage!! We have since recieved 6 more glass doors and will expand his cage soon.

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Enough of the talk....

I want to see pictures of this masterpiece....sounds really cool.....Lyn

3. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Sliding glass doors as in the patio door wall types about 8 feet long?

Whoa this is a room not a cage -- I don't know how you would have room for it, but that is one happy ig. Are you going to move a couch or comfortable chair into it anytime soon -- sounds silly to some but I love it even though I just have a folding sport type chair, you have to think about the UV bulbs though and stay out of direct exposure for extended amounts of time. I think spending time in the -- even reading, working on the computer, or doing something like homework -- really helps keep a tame lizard.

Can you get some pics of this one? You probably will have the same problem as I do, the camera frame is too small to fit the whole habitat.

Mark

4. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Yes, as in 7-8 ft tall patio type doors!
    He has a log and a pillow where he basks and another pillow where he sleeps. I can walk right into the cage. I'll try to get pics on here soon....
    I think it's time to pick Merlins mind about posting pics!! ;) :p
    I can't wait until we get his cage even bigger!! at least two more door panels so we can add more levels for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.