This Disappears When Logged In

My Garter Snakes!

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by Wyldrose, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

After 3 months strict quarantine these guys have moved out of my room into their new display cage.
    Chester and Buster the wandering garter snakes! They live in a 18x18x24 exoterra.
    Buster on left and Chester on right. Buster is slightly bigger and has brighter colors.
    035-12.jpg
    Buster admiring her reflection
    020-24.jpg
    Their set up
    018-35.jpg

Buster is crazy for earth worms, Chester will only eat fish so far. I hope to switch them to mice but if not I have started breeding them guppies.
    I wanted to try again with these guys. My first one died a month after I got it years ago!

2. Sarandacotah

Sarandacotah Well-Known Member

I love that pic of her admiring herself :) Don't fret! You will be an awesome mommy to your babies.

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice! Love the set up too

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I love that I have snakes that are active during the day! These 2 are all over the place :) I am going to pick up some dirt too, it's frozen outside, make it deeper maybe they will burrow.

5. lisas

lisas Elite Member

They look lively. Where did you get them? Are they wild? We have tons of wild ones around here and the last one I tried to touch bit me! He was curious and looking at me nicely, then stupidity took over and I ruined the moment.