This Disappears When Logged In

My First Chondro. Sorong Female. Approximately 2yrs Old.

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by Kimber13, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Kimber13

Kimber13 Member

Here are a few pics of my girl in the planted vivarium. It's an exoterra 3ft high x 3ft wide. 3 perches and a radiant heat panel for heat and 2 light bulbs for the plants.
    image.jpg image.jpg

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Looks nice. Are those the plastic closet rod holders holding the perches, and if so what adhesive are you using to adhere them to the glass? Just curious due to having issues with my big girl overloading her perches.

3. Kimber13

Kimber13 Member

Yeah small light plastic closet rod hangers got from home hardware and I used a clear aquarium sealant 100% silicon rubber. They are on there pretty tight. I made sure I left them to cure for a little over 24 hours. She seems to have found her preferred spot. Lol

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Thats cool. I tried hot glue on mine and they didn't hold, but I was putting them on a used cage and on further inspection I realized that I needed to clean the glass better, I think. Sould do better on round 2, lol.

5. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

Darkbird, I suspect that hot glue does not bond as well to glass as silicone sealant.

6. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I would tend to agree, but I'm trying to avoid having to move the occupant out of the cage, as I really have no backup except for an unheated tub. I was trying to use a minimal amount of glue on dirty glass, and it caught up to me. If the hot glue doesn't work on the second try, I'll have to rig up a holding bin and go to silicone.

7. Kimber13

Kimber13 Member

Does your chondro ever look uncomfortable after a meal? Mine perches nice but I have a rat pup the night before last and yesterday she was perching funny. She's a super friendly girl. Never even attempted to bite even after the crazy in and out of the exo terra. She kept finding a way to wedge behind the heat panel because of the exoterra lip. I had to cut that down and now it lays flush.

8. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I just got mine recently, actually got 8, but they do seem to take longer to find a comfortable position after eating. They do get there eventually though.

9. Kimber13

Kimber13 Member

Thanks for the reply, yah my girl was recently on adult nice, switched to eat fuzzies and than a rat pup. Her loops were not nice and neat, it was like she was having a hard time getting comfy with the larger meals but happy to see her this morning all nicely tucked.. Love this girl.. She's the friendliest baby ever.. Sorry for the turned pics. Not sure how to rotate.
    image.jpg

10. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Little update on my end, 2nd go with the hot glue gun went fine. Found a lot of stuff on the glass, some of which had to be removed with a razor blade, then just used a lot more glue. Actually might have used too much, going to be a pain to remove those holders if I ever need to. Probably have to heat the glass carefully with a heat gun to get the holders off then scrape the remaining hot glue off after it cools again.