This Disappears When Logged In

My First Baby Bearded Dragon-Angel or Marley:)

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Runningmom, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Last I looked it was 101. Getting closer to optimal temp. I will go tomorrow to Home Depot or Walmart. I also need to look in my stash lol. I need lightbulbs anyway- so no extra trip. :) lights for the reptiles and the house.

2. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Last night my basking spot was 114.6 I think. It took awhile to get to that. But I got two flood lights today and put them in so it should get hot soon. And I have the infrared as well as the UVB. That probably doesn't put a lot of heat but I will keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get too hot.

She has licked some water drops off the pieces of escarole or collards I was holding around her mouth. She has NOT eaten any crickets. There are two in there. I don't know where the third one is. Maybe dead or maybe she ate it and I didn't see. If she doesn't eat by Friday I am going to be really worried! That's almost a week!

Any suggestions on the prey? If crickets are not her thing,..I don't know.

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

A 114f basking surface temp is o.k. The infrared bulbs give off the same amount of heat as the CHE or incandescents of the same wattage.
    Can you get roaches of suitable size, or earthworms (cut into shorter pieces), and maybe try freshwater aquarium snails if you can get them (no guarantees the dragon will take them, but something else to try).

4. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Murri that is a wonderful idea (snails). I know none of mine will eat earth worms but wax worms light work too.

EDIT: I had thought about sending her some silkworms (I have some super small ones) because most dragons cant resist them!!

5. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Yes the silk worms should be great! Thanks Tiger Ivy! :)

I think I mentioned that I had her drink a few drops of water off pieces of lettuce(escarole. But I call it lettuce. ) but no food at all. I'm getting reptiboost tomorrow.

The infrared light was an accidental purchase. The kids had thrown it in and I figured I would keep it if I needed it. That is why I decided to try it. It was here :)

6. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

After talking with Tiger Ivy I took her advice and got reptiboost. It seems to be perking her up. Started that yesterday. Got waxworms today to see if she would eat them and she ran away. They are still crawling in the bowl. She won't go near it and they can't crawl out I don't think. Maybe she will eat them tomorrow if they aren't dead. The crickets are still hopping around and waiting their fate. But they lived longer than I thought. I tried holding one by her mouth with tweezers. She ran away. I hope the reptiboost helps because that is all the water she is getting. Tiny drops at a time.

7. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

image.jpg . A good sign the reptiboost is working :) maybe now she will eat the waxworms or some crickets. This is the first time she pooped since I got her last Saturday.

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, how are the temps and humidity now?

9. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Humidity. Not sure. My temps were about 105 steady. But now I can't get them up today. One of my light fixtures just broke. The electrical connection came apart.

10. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Can you take a couple of closeup photos of the bulbs and basking site?

11. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Yes. I can try. I put two flood lights on there. Now only one works but I will get a new fixture. The other is that red heat lamp. I will post some pictures.

12. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

image.jpg not sure if this helps but here is one picture of the lights.

13. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

I'm trying to figure out a way to raise the bottom- or make a different basking area. I think that big thing in the middle is going to be temporary. She hangs out in the plants a lot. Maybe because she feels hidden there I don't know.

I am still giving reptiboost and she licked a lot more of it today. More water too- I had to give in drops but that is better than no water or food.
    Waxworms are still in the food bowl. I put collards in there and a few watermelon pieces. They are eating those. I figure she may decide to eat them. Or not. I have more in the fridge.

Having the third light off doesn't help. We have to fix it of get new dome fixture.