This Disappears When Logged In

My Current Custom Tank (So Far) 6x3x2

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by ArmyMedic, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ArmyMedic

ArmyMedic Well-Known Member

my option is ether a Chameleon or...a cat lol my tank is waaaay to big for a Chameleon....i think some gecko's are allowed but not sure what kind

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Man that puts a dampner on things.

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

no it isnt too big for a chameleon but there have to be bigger lizards that are native to hawaii.

4. ArmyMedic

that is the only base in the US that doesnt allowe lizards...even alaska allows them...probably bc if they were to escape they would last a whole 5 min..but still.......i have no idea what to do b.c its not even forsure that im going to hawaii..i could find out next week i could find out in a year...gotta love the army life...glad i didnt buy the lizard yet :/

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Thats true.

6. ArmyMedic

wouldnt the large cage be to hard for the Chameleon to even find its food?

i think the Tokay Gecko is the largest lizard i can have as a pet...would suck to go from one of the most docile lizards(tegu) to the most angry lizard of them all lol...

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Cassi has docile tokays. She said something about frequent handling keeps them calmer and they are gorgeous.
    No the chameleon wouldnt have any problem finding their food as they do just fine in nature.

8. ArmyMedic

guess i might have to start doing some research...i always see the Chameleon's in screen cages...do you think something like what i have would be enough air movment?

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

They are in screen cages because their reflection can stress them out. So if you did your cage then either replace the glass front with screen or put one of those clingons on the glass to reduce the reflective qualities.

10. Vers

Vers Elite Member

A little late to the party, but man that's a total bummer. I hope you can find something to work with...

11. ArmyMedic

so its in the house!!! i ended up making a table for the tank to sit on...and then got some faux leather n wrapped it around the sides....all in all its coming together nicely...few more small details and it will be ready to go!!

table
    table.jpg
    table
    table1.jpg

done(ish)
    doone.jpg
    done(ish)
    done.jpg

Attached Files:

12. kriminaal

Yep, ready for an inhabitant.

13. ArmyMedic

Its been a little while since i posted anything...little update...looks like im not going to Hawaii...i actually have no idea where im going..chances are ill be stuck in NY for a few more years! :/

anyway i just got my order from hare-today.com and all of it looks awesome...i got some sardines...some goat...tripe turkey hearts baby quail pinky mice...all i gotta say is this guy is gonna be a little spoiled lol!

my last set of lights come in today so once they are in i can start running the tank at 100%!!!

I have some pics of the food order but im at work and ARMY computers dont like photobucket so when i get home more pics!!!

14. ArmyMedic

15. kriminaal

Looks like you're all ready to go. Just waiting for the Tegu pics.

16. ArmyMedic

SOOOO bad news and good news....

bad: i cant get the tegu. and i cant keep the tank that i just spent over 1000 dollars on.

good: Im going to be moving to Japan in a few months
    good: My step dad who is the reason i got into reptiles years and years ago has said he wanted to buy the tank.

...im really really sad that i wont get to even use my tank but glad it is going to someone who knows what they are doing....still a bummer :(