This Disappears When Logged In

My Baby Gecko is Regurgatating Its Food Help!!!

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by smurphy, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

You will have to do as Liz suggested, try a 40w light. I am glad to hear that she held her meal down.;)

2. smurphy

smurphy Member

Good News Guys,

Jasmine is a little bunged up. She has had a little warm bath and some vet medi to help her flush thru and is also on a supplement to help build her back up. She also went for a cricket after all this so fingers crossed she is on the mend.

I feel soooooo much happier.

Thanks for all your help and advice, we couldn't have done it without you.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Great news! Get that basking spot UP UP UP to prevent this from happening again!

4. smurphy

smurphy Member

Hi, It has been a week or so sinc my last com to you all. Jasmine is still with us, visit to the vet who put her on reptoboost (glucose in water) which we make her drink with a syringe. Vet also put a tube inside her bottom and injected liquid paraffin to get things moving and we had to adminsiter a drop of this paraffin each day which we have doen for 4 days with no food. She did two rather liquidy poops (one on my sons hand) YUK. Vet asked us to call in daily with progress and sugg we try half a waxworm which she kept down and yesterday she ate another one and again today. We are still giving her a daily drop of liq.paraffin but so far I can still see the whole mealworm from previous inside her. it has not budged. I have tried warm baths and still it has not come out. Vet said she has a 50/50 chance of survival.
    She is sooooo beautiful we don't want to lose her.

5. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

How are the temps? What did you end up doing to get them up? If they are still low, even with medicine the food will not digest properly.

Hopefully she will turn around and get better -- good luck, and keep us posted

6. lewieloui

lewieloui Member

please put me out of my misery and tell me if jasmine is ok!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.