This Disappears When Logged In

My 2nd Crested Gecko

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by JoeMasturbaby, Nov 29, 2010.

1. JoeMasturbaby

JoeMasturbaby Well-Known Member

well i know a couple of my coworkers and i have much concern for the animals there. But as with any corp. its always about money. We actually tried to set up neat displays for the toads we sell but we were told by the district manager we couldnt despite that being better for them.

the people i work with there do what they can, but like you said they have different initiative than the company.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats the problem with chain stores. No matter how much the employees may know or care, if corporate doesn't like it, it doesn't happen.

3. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Exactly Merlin, probably why they don't hire people like us!! I would be all up in someones face! LOL!

4. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm thinking most of us could get hired, but when they overheard us telling the customers to go down the street to the home depot for the indoor/outdoor thermometers, dome lights and all the other stuff they can get cheaper..... we'd be out of a job real quick like ;)

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Instead of doing that I am the customer who is telling everyone to go to home depot, walmart, and SPCA for their kitten, cat, dogs since I volunteer there and there are so many kitten and cats, even puppies. They come spayed and don't cost $400 plus.
    I'm so bad, or should I say honest.

6. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Don't you know it!! I know I started using Home Depot, and Wally word. It's amazing once you find stuff out side of the box!!! I actually shop in like 50 different directions! Hahaha!

There ya go, just stand at the reptile isle and whisper..."Hey did you know you can get that exact same thing"...hahaha! to funny!

7. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

That's exactly what I do! :) I even stopped a woman at the cashier when she was purchasing sand for her sons new Leopard Gecko - told her she really should put that back it's not good for them... the sales guy just had this blank look. :confused:

When she asked what she should use, I said paper towels at first and if she wanted something 'cooler', try the hardware store for slate....

The cashier guy wasn't as smiley with me as he rang up my purchases.... :rolleyes:

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

It just blows me away when one of the girls at the petstore is always bragging how she feed her dragons canned crickets and bearded dragon pellets. She only mentions it when there are out of feeder crickets! I just say I'm so glad I'm not your dragon, I prefer my food fresh and so does my dragon and the only thing I feed that bearded dragon pellets to in my crickets.
    They wouldn't want me too work there, there would be no customers left.
    I've done that sand thing too, also recommend building a enclosure because the one that they are trying to sell you is way to small 18", get real.

9. Medium

Medium Elite Member

I know I still give the lady that sold me my youngest Leo a little funny criticism, she takes it quite well. I feel if I do buy from the pet shops it's way more of a rescue then anything!!! I have done it, and saved a few!!

10. JoeMasturbaby

well we actually recommend other stores all the time, our managers do as well. Its really no big deal.

11. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Joe, you have been a trooper listening to us. Well done!! :)

12. JoeMasturbaby

well its reading, so its MUCH easier on my head, haha.

13. Medium

Medium Elite Member

I meant that you did not get mad at anyone! Often times we can see the opposite! ;)

14. JoeMasturbaby

haha there's nothing to be mad about here, i respect people's opinions.

15. Medium

Medium Elite Member

LOL...knowing how to care for each reptile does not happen over night, that is for sure. Petco will hire people over night! I do believe this is why the tanks at Petco and the advice that goes with them need work!!

16. JoeMasturbaby

a few people i work with though know tons about reptiles due to owning and caring for them over the years, i on the other hand just started this year with my first reptile.

(also off topic: im graduating college next week and wont be on much, dont assume i died. :)

17. Medium

Medium Elite Member

Congrats for getting through college!! Hope you get back to us!

I will just never forget the day I picked up a Leo...and the lady taking care of the lizards that day said to me, "Leo's should not eat their shed." I knew then she had no idea what she was talking about. And your right!! Not all employees are going to be as dumb!