This Disappears When Logged In

My 18 Month Old Bearded Dragon Has a Serious Eye Problem

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Jon2683, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Jon2683

Jon2683 Member

Hi,

Just thought I would let you all know that Deno my bearded dragon passed away about an hour or so ago:((( I'm puzzled on how he went down hill so fast when I was originaly treating him for a eye problem! He has been a wonderful pet and will be sorely missed....

I must thank everyone once again, you have all given me some great advice:)

Thanks
    Jon

2. Jon2683

Jon2683 Member

The vet never told me about electrolytes.....and the avipro is a powder form I mixed with water and syringed him.

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am so sorry!!! It sucks when they pass away. Especially after investing so much time into trying to get them better!

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

So sorry to hear about Deno passing away! Just remember that you did all you could do, sometimes reptiles don't show their illness until much later on. RIP Deno

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, sorry you lost the dragon, I hope it won`t stop you getting another at some point.

6. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

So sorry.

7. Jon2683

Jon2683 Member

Thanks everyone, it won't stop me from getting a new lizard:).....I think their wonderful pets to keep, it was just unfortunate Deno was not well.

It might sound strange but because of his sudden death I decided to contact my vet (who was open for an hour today for emergencies) and see if he wanted to examine him to find out what went wrong, I knew that he would be puzzled at Deno's passing.......he did and what he found was two things:-

First he was actually a she! My old vet sexed it wrong but the new vet never need to check so I've always though Deno was a male!

Second, her ovaries had developed a tumor that spread throughout her body to her lungs. He thinks this would explain why she never really showed her female character and also said there was loads of very small tumors which are not detected through blood samples.

I think both myself and the vet have learnt some useful information from this and I hope everyone that reads this has too.

I can't thank you all enough for trying to help me and I will be staying on here to try and do the same for others too:)

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

So glad that you did this, looks like there was nothing that could have been done for Deno! Definitely a learning experience for all

9. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks for letting us know what happened, that's very informative!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( You did do everything you could, but unfortunately you were working against nature in this case.

10. Jon2683

Jon2683 Member

Yeah I am too, the more we all know about these reptiles the easier it will become to diagnose issues when they arise