This Disappears When Logged In

Moving Tarantula

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by billrogers, Nov 29, 2015.

1. billrogers

billrogers Established Member

I might be moving my curlyhair to a new enclosure soon, but she is pretty fiesty and doesn't like to get bothered. I would like to move her without getting bit or having her flick hairs at me. She's in her burrow almost all of the time so it's not just as simple as prodding her into a cup. I think she would totally go crazy if I just pulled her out of her burrow. Any suggestions? Heres a pic from when I first got her :) IMG_0709.jpg

Salty Rob likes this.
  2. Kolby Tannehill

Kolby Tannehill Well-Known Member

When I have to remove one from a borrow, I us a spoon to get to where they are in it. After I can see there full body, I use a paint brush to get them into a catch cup.

Salty Rob likes this.
  3. billrogers

billrogers Established Member

Don't they get angry though about getting pulled out? Mine is a pretty grumpy individual so maybe it's just mine.

Salty Rob likes this.
  4. Kolby Tannehill

Kolby Tannehill Well-Known Member

A lot of them will, you just have to be care full. I use to have an P. mirinus so I got use to having to be careful very fast. I have a G. rosea that I can not coas in to a container, it will stick at the paint bruch non stop so it stricks it's way in to the cup. It is just some thing that has to be done fro. Time to time, like when the enclosure needs cleaned or upgraded.

Salty Rob likes this.