This Disappears When Logged In

Moving My Collection Today....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CryHavoc17, Sep 14, 2013.

1. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

So today starts the massive move to my new house. I hate moving. First up on the list is the animals. Every cage is getting cleaned and broken down, all the critters have there own temporary transport tub, then we have to set everyone back up today. Wish me luck! Its gonna be a long day. Pictures of the new reptile room coming eventually

2. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Good luck with the move!!

When hubby and I moved into our house all we had to move was a 33 gallon fish tank with some really pretty fish. I wanted to put the fish in separate covered containers (with some of their water) for the 15 minute drive. Hubby wanted to use the Styrofoam container that the pet store got their fish in because it was insulated and could hold so much more water plus the fish. I lost that battle. We carried this obscenely heavy thing down three flights of stairs and managed to get it into the trunk of our Toyota coupe. Five minutes into the drive I notice, while constantly looking at the side view mirror, water trailing out of the trunk onto the pavement. The darn thing had sprung a leak!! I lost my beautiful catfish as a result. If I had to move today...

3. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Two snakes, a turtle, and an untamed juvenile iguana. Heat lamps, timers, thermostats, pumps and filters, the cage furniture, cages themselves, miles of extension cords, power strips...... its gonna be a long day. The iguana cage weighs about 300 lbs empty

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Good luck I hope all goes well in the move!! Can't wait to see the new set up :)

5. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

20130914_193653.jpg

Well everybody got tucked back into their homes safe and sound. The room is still going to get a lot more work tomorrow and over the coming weeks. Todays mission accomplished!

6. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

I'm so glad everyone made it safely!!!