This Disappears When Logged In

Moss Hide/is Moss Tack Reptile Safe??

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Cheyenne, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Cheyenne

Cheyenne New Member

So I ordered some sheet moss for my water dragons tank that I planned to use as substrate/bedding to help with humidity but I also have a plastic container that I have been using as his hide since I haven't been able to find a good hide his size. I was wondering if there was a way to attach the sheet moss to the plastic so that it covered the outside of his hide so that it looks better. I am worried that glue would kill the moss and that any of the flora safe adhesives like 'Design Master Tack 2000'and other moss tacks aren't safe for my reptile. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should attach the moss or know if the moss tack or glue is safe, or is this just a bad idea in general? I wasn't sure if I should put this in the bedding/substrate category or the accessories category since it's kind of about both so I just picked this one??

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Is the hide near drinking water? I'm not sure about that product you mentioned, but if you are worried about contaminating your reptile or the moss you could probably just make some homemade glue from gelatin or something. (You can Google search gelatin glue recipe, it's supposed to be waterproof)

3. Owen Baranoski

Owen Baranoski Well-Known Member

The issue I see right away is the water dragon potentially choking on whatever you attach the moss with. One thing you could do is twist ties, with holes drilled through the container. Other wire would work, but twist ties are easy to work with and readily available. That is a good, discreet option. Best of luck!