This Disappears When Logged In

More New Owner Questions

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by SammieLee, Dec 16, 2013.

1. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

We got Bob a little over 3 weeks ago. He is in a 41 qt tub with hides and water dish. Temp in warm hide is 90 - 91 cool side is 76 and humidity is usually about 76%...The day we got him the guy said he had a little smaller than normal rat. I gave him a week to get used to his new home them offered a fuzzy rat... He ate...waited another week and he ate again....then waited another week and he ate again (that was Friday)....so 3 meals with me and no poop... I have read this is normal....is that right?? He is fatter than when we got him....how long can he go? Tonight we let him take a little bath in sink hoping it would help...it didn't. He seemed to like being in the water but no poo...

Also is 76% humidity all the time too high? I can add more holes in the tub if I need too.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

How big is the snake? If the food is small it may take several feedings before they need to eliminate.

3. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

He was 126g when we got him. The rats are as big around as he is. I'm not sure all the "names" of the different sizes.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I meant length.

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I would say humidity is a little high for a ball python. 60 sounds a bit better or even a little lower. They'll shed fine at 70 or so, more then that I wouldn't recommend for extensive time

6. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

I was afraid it was.... I will add more holes... Hope it hasn't hurt him bring that high :/

7. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

I would guess maybe around 18in or so... Maybe a little longer. Just guessing.. He almost looks bloated.. This is our first snake but compared to what he looked like when we got him. Hopefully he will go soon. The more I read this sounds normal for them to go so long with out pooping...