This Disappears When Logged In

Misting the Cage

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by maddie, Mar 1, 2014.

1. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

so for my chameleon I'm always having to mist her cage walls and plants so they are damp and she can lick the water off. Is their a different way I can keep her stuff wet without having to always mist it myself all the time.
  2. sgun020

sgun020 Well-Known Member

You can install a mister that you can set to go on at certain intervals, such as exo terra monsoon.
  3. maddie

maddie Well-Known Member

their kind of expensive. do u know of anything cheaper?
  4. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

rig up a humidifier to a pipe. I leave one on all the time in my chameleon's enclosure
  5. Amadeous

Amadeous Elite Member

I have the terra monsoon and yes, it is a little expensive but it has worked great for me so far. If you have the money i would recomend it. You could make yourself a dripper too , then you could have a steady drinking source
  6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

While it will do little to help with humidity that is too low, this will provide them with drinking water.
    Drip Watering System
  7. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

The humidifier setup I use has a tube coming straight down into the top of the enclosure onto some fake plants. Condensation builds up quickly on the plants and keeps the entire center of the enclosure constantly dripping. It also keeps the humidity up at the same time.
  8. Amadeous

Amadeous Elite Member

I have the exact water drip system setup that Merlin posted and its a lot nicer/cheaper than store bought. And you can slow the drip down a lot better from what i have been told too.