This Disappears When Logged In

Midwestern frogs decline, mammal populations altered by invasive plant, stu

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Rich, May 6, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Researchers have discovered a new culprit contributing to amphibian decline and altered mammal distribution throughout the Midwest region -- the invasive plant European buckthorn. vjKQ671k0ig.gif

Read Complete Article ...

Use this thread to discuss the article above. What are your thoughts about Midwestern frogs decline, mammal populations altered by invasive plant, studies reveal?

Attached Files:

2. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Re: Midwestern frogs decline, mammal populations altered by invasive plant,

I hate buckthorn with a passion. We pulled a ton out at one of the state parks when I was in high school for a school project. It's sharp, nasty, and I don't doubt it can be declining all kinds of species around here.

3. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

What is buckthorn? I think they should have posted a picture with the article...

4. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

What is buckthorn? I think they should have posted a picture with the article...

Oh I think I know what it is. I looked it up and I think we used to have some in our previous yard. Possibly had some in the new house yard. Weeds suck. I hate thistle. It is awful. Pricky and impossible to get rid of.

5. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

It grows like crazy! I swear, when I pull out 1 bush in my parent's woods, 10 more appear in it's place. It's a horrible plant and needs to be gone since it isn't native around here!