Our Zoomed mercury vapor bulb suddenly exploded on us right before bed tonight, I'd like to ask why that could have happened and what I should replace it with... We've moved our baby ig's to a new tank for the night and we'll be cleaning out everything in their home tomorrow... We no longer have the packaging for either the bulb or the fixture, but we know they were the correct wattage/size/voltage for each other because we carefully checked all that out when we bought them. It was positioned over a 55 gallon tank, with the humidity around 55%. The bulb was only six months old. Maybe it was just a cheap quality brand? It was the best looking option at PetCo at the time. What else could have caused it to explode and how can we prevent it next time? We have fluorescent uvb bulb and another small heat lamp to use as a back up until I know what to replace it with.