This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Ryuu...

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by gapeachkatie, Mar 27, 2011.

1. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Thanks Michele, I had read somewhere that babies are only suppose to poo twice a day, but to me that just didn't seem appropriate if the baby is getting a well rounded diet with plenty of UVB and proper temps.

Gary, thank you, I now have about a dozen full belly photos of him, and in every one he seems so content with himself.

2. gapeachkatie

Another update on Ryuu.

He has discovered a way to make me get him out of the tank and handle him for a bit. All he does is make a GIANT mess, so I have to pull him out to clean it up, and always end up letting him wonder around on my bed or on the couch. Then, once I sit down with him, he insists on sitting on my shoulder, trying to climb onto my head or into my shirt. I had just cleaned his tank last night, and of course he doesn't like it clean! Also, you'll notice all his mustard greens are left, but the squash is almost all gone.

Edit: here's another try to get the photo uploaded:

Attached Files:

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Katie, I can't see the picture! :(

4. gapeachkatie

can you see it now?

5. mld

Yes, I can see it now, too funny! What a mess Ryuu made, what is he doing when you are out! LOL
    Is he in search of something he lost or misplaced?:confused:

6. gapeachkatie

Every morning that i am in class, he finds a way to rearrange his tank, including shredding the paper towel or bending the branches of his plant over to the floor. So now, the tank floor is covered in slate chunks and his plant has rocks holding it up in a plastic petsmart deli cup.

When I just got him out to do some cleaning, he got huffy(puffing out his throat) until I put him on my shoulder. He is so spoiled!

7. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

He's SO cute! Congratulations!

What about vertically with belly against the glass? Our new rescued beardie did that last night after being put into her new, much larger tank. I couldn't tell if she just didn't want to touch the paper towels since she was used to sand, or if she didn't know what to make of all the new space (she was in a ten gallon, which was WAY too small. *grrrr*) Maybe she was doing normal beardie things? lol

8. mld

Mine will do that sometimes, I think they are sometimes just pooped out and fall asleep so fast that they don't have time to go to their favourite nighttime spot before falling asleep! It is cute though!

9. gapeachkatie

Mine will fall asleep in random positions every night. I have even found him sleeping upside down in a plastic bush I have in his tank. For the first week I had him though, he would sleep laying up against the glass on his hind legs or hanging off the side of his ramp. It is really cute, and fun to watch.