This Disappears When Logged In

Meet Ryuu...

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by gapeachkatie, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

LOLOLOL, in that last picture you posted, it looks like the probe is a microphone and Ryuu is singing into it. :D

Bernie often sleeps hanging from his branch, with only his front legs holding him up.

2. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Gosh, I am going insane from the issues I am having with the lights. Returned one yesterday b/c it had a short in it, then the actual lamp broke, and now the bulb has blown out. Hopefilly Ryuu can wait about an hour for when the store opens. Other than that, he was found sleeping this morning with half his body hanging off the ramp.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

They are so cute when they are sleeping! LOL
    Legs hanging on either side of the branch, awkward positions they are in, makes my back sore looking at them!

4. gapeachkatie

I was wondering. He is starting to shed on his hind legs, so his back should start soon I am guessing. Do you think it would stress him out too much to go ahead and let him soak in some warm water in the mornings?

He seems to be getting use to me putting my hand in the tank to adjust the probes and put his greens in, even coming up and investigating my hand now.

5. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Congrats on your new baby, He is amazing looking.... I am so jealous XD..

6. gapeachkatie

Thanks J!

7. mld

It's funny how they shed! Hannibal just finished a shed, legs then head then belly then tail. He didn't shed his back yet!

8. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

I'm beginning to think they like to save pieces of skin, like Goldmember from the Austin Powers movie. About two weeks after I thought Bernie had finished his shed, another couple of small pieces of skin came off.

9. gapeachkatie

Ryuu's first bath photos... I guess this is turning into the life of a Dragon thread. :) Funniest moment was my mother came over to look at him, and her climbed straight up my finger as if saying "Mommy! Save me!" then wouldn't let go.

I also took measurements and he is 4 3/4 inches long. The good size comparison is of him on my finger. From my nail to the top of my knuckle is 4 1/2 inches.

Attached Files:

10. mld

So cute! :x It's hard to believe just how small they are when they are young, it won't take long before he is huge!
    Love the photos, Its great to keep a journal of their growth weekly or monthly. I did mine monthly and wished I had done it monthly!

11. gapeachkatie

It is hard to believe, but he has already grown some since I bought him. Gosh, he is going to be a big boy... well, hopefully a big boy that is...

12. mld

Funny I used to call mine a he, he is a she, but looking at her, she was so big I honestly thought she was a boy.

I wanted Hannibal to be a guy just because of the egg laying, hopefully she never makes any.

13. gapeachkatie

Yeah... I fear the issues that can happen with eggs. But, Ryuu is still young and I a few months still. *crosses fingers and prays for a boy*

14. mld

I will, but it didn't work for me but it might work for you, good luck, think boy!

15. gapeachkatie

Since this is the official Ryuu life thread dubbed by me, here is some more pictures:

His head and tail are shedding, and he is also enjoying a nice full belly that he likes to show off.

Btw, I am sorry for sharing so many photos of him, if you are annoyed with it, just tell me to stop.

Attached Files:

16. missamoe

missamoe Well-Known Member

never will i personally ask for less pictures! Its neat for me to see how a baby progresses i got my beardie at about 5 months old cause i was afraid of killing a baby not having any experience >.>

17. mld

With such a little sweetie like Ryuu, how could we not want more pictures, keep them coming! After all it is a post made for Ryuu!

18. gapeachkatie

He is very proud to have a post for himself too. He was chilling out on my chest earlier while I was posting his pictures and it is like he knows people are admiring him. I am so proud that as of this morning, 90% of his tail has shed in a total of 3 pieces. All that is left is still hanging on due to it being at the base of his tail, and his back still hasn't shed much.

As for his most recent set of pictures, I like his full belly one since he is super proud to show off his belly after he eats... then he goes and decorates his ramp with a big, solid poop between meals. lol

19. mld

I forgot about babies, I use to call them eating and pooping machines!
    Little gifts just for you! What a cutie!

20. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

Love the belly pic. :)