This Disappears When Logged In

Meet My New Foster - Zola!

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by TitoAndKatt, Mar 15, 2012.

1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Hi guys! I've been avoiding the forum because I need to post photos of Tito but I've been lazy about it. I miss her like crazy but she is doing really well in her new home. :( :) I'll update on her later. Anyways, I recently decided to help out the local rescue by fostering snakes. Tuesday I got my first foster baby, a Columbian Boa I've decided to call Zola. :) She is soo beautiful! I wish I was her forever home, but I'm enjoying getting to foster her. I know she'll find a home quickly. She was owned by a man who lived on the military base and was afraid of getting caught so he surrendered her to the rescue. She was being fed a few live mice per meal and is a bit on the skinny side. As I type though she is already eating her first f/t medium rat! :D GOOD GIRL! (Geez I wish Shiiva had been that easy to convert from ft/ mice to f/t rats! lmao) Hopefully with the new diet she'll fatten up a bit. She is super social and friendly, hasn't shown any aggression even with the stress of the move from home to rescue for the day until I could pick her up, and from there to my house. She's already settling in well. Now for the pics!

Checking out her new digs. Kind of plain but I'm watching for mites. I plan on adding some more climbing materials and better bedding soon. :)
    [​IMG]

She likes her new water dish! Someone was kind enough to donate a larger dish as the one she was surrendered with was too small!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

As I was typing she finished up her rat! Good girl! Meanwhile, Shiiva still hasn't touched hers. *facepalm* Typical. ;D Anyways, here she is all fat from her meal!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, she is beautiful! :x

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

She is gorgeous!

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Beautiful girl! I hope she finds a wonderful home :)

6. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Thanks guys. She is everything I want in a boa as far as color, markings, and personality go. It's going to be soo tough giving her up, but I knew that going into it. Supposedly. :p Anyways, a good friend of mine who lives about 6 hours away is going to try to adopt her. She has a ball python that I've helped her out with a lot as far as set up and feeding sizes go. She's in the middle of purchasing a house right now and fell in love with Zola's pictures that I posted on facebook. :) At least then I'd get updates and could visit her and know how she's doing!

7. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

She's beautiful! :)

8. montypython666

montypython666 Active Member

She is awesome

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Hope the adoption goes well! She is one gorgeous girl, I'm sure that you will make sure that she goes to a good home.

10. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Hope your friend gets to adopt her. She is extremely beautiful!!!

11. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

She is pretty. She has the same color as mine crept mine has a lot of "freckles"

12. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

She is gorgeous. I'm sure you'll find her a great home. I've also been thinking of helping our rescue and fostering some reptiles. I'll let you.guys know how that turns out.

13. T42D1T4L14N

T42D1T4L14N Elite Member

What a beautiful snake! I wish I had the space to do foster work...maybe someday. My mom fosters dogs on occasion, its difficult to let them go once youve gotten attached even if they are going to a great home but the feeling you get of helping an animal is amazing!