This Disappears When Logged In

Manson the Blood Python

Discussion in 'Blood Pythons' started by Wyldrose, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I figured I would start a progression thread on this guy! He just shed so took him out for a couple pics.
    007-64.jpg
    He looks worried in this one lol!
    008-75.jpg
    He was a bit jumpy when I took him out, hissed when I touched him with the hook. He hasn't tried to strike at me yet so far so good. From what I am reading the ones that have given bloods the nasty rep are the wild caught ones. This guy is captive bred/hatched. So he has seen/dealt with humans his entire life.

Attached Files:

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

He's a cutie.

3. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

Your making me want to get a blood badly! GORGEOUS!!!!!!

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Missed when you got him. Congrats Susan!! Often times I'm seeing the wild caught are often what give people the problems. Though I feel I need to point out you're a very experienced snake keeper and it might be more of an issue for someone else. He's a nice looking little guy!

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I took him out again today. He twitched a bit when I first touched him but he let me pick him up and pass him from hand to hand. He was calm and hung out in my hands. I think with regular handling he won't ever be the monster some of them can be.
    005-80.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Every time I see your little guy I am filled with intense jealousy ;A;

Cool that he's being decent about handling.

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I had him out for a bit again today :) I tried to pop him (I had asked for a female) and when I picked him, my beauty and 2 other snakes for a friend, he told me it was a male. But I couldn't get any hemipene's to pop... Maybe he said it was a different snake that everted it's penes' when it musked him? (Like the kingsnake... that's how I sexed my friends king lol!)
    I'll try again in a couple weeks!
    More pictures!!
    Love that pattern!
    021-33.jpg
    A good tongue picture :)
    023-23.jpg

Attached Files:

8. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

"He's" so cute!!!! I love the pattern!

9. dylroche

dylroche Well-Known Member

gorgeous

10. Zerp3D

Zerp3D Elite Member

I've never had an attraction towards bloods, but this particular one has the most incredible look! "He" looks like he will be a very docile blood python. Then again, as JoeyG said, "he" is with a great owner! I'm sure you'll make him the sweetest blood ever!

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I love this snake ;) Had Manson out again tonight, he(I think it's a she) just hung out with me while watching tv. Got a bit huffy when the kids walked close to me (my guard snake lol.) Doesn't strike, hisses a bit when I first get her out, but settles in soon :) If my rabbits keep having babies in the cold weather(lost 3 in a litter of 9 that where born sunday) maybe I'll switch to baby rabbits! She's taking f/t rat pups no problem!

12. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Tried popping Manson again and can't find any hemipenes. I will probe to confirm this spring/summer.
    More pics!
    I just love her pattern! She is a very calm sweet snake, reminds me of my young ball pythons. She is much more active though!
    030-21.jpg
    Got to love tongue pics!
    047-12.jpg

13. dylroche

dylroche Well-Known Member

Awesome python!!

14. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

WoW, I am in LOVE!! LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!!! No wonder Dee gets all grumpy when I get online, now to try and convince her to allow me to get one. I have already convinced her to let me obtain 1 Chondro, now lets see if I can add 1 Blood to the list.

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yes you need some too :) lol! Compared to the BP's she eats like a pig! Hits and eats a f/t rat pup every week. I think I'll switch her to rabbits this summer if I can get the rabbits too breed like rabbits... :)

16. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

LMAO!!!! Before I start convincing Dee, I need to do tons of research. As far as housing and temperament, complicated?

17. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Temps are the same as a bp. They do need higher humidity, a larger water dish works for that. They get bigger/thicker/heavier then bp's, they are actually the heaviest snake allowed here. 30-40lbs full grown 6-7 feet.
    As for the temperament I am reading that the nasty ones are wc and that the captive bred ones do seem to be tame. Manson hisses and some times huffs and puffs when I hold her. Nothing like my defensive baby snakes, like the little corns who think they can eat you :)
    I love the colors and would love to get some of the albino's. It seems like they are getting more popular now too.