This Disappears When Logged In

Manowaki Green Tree Grounded

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by chondrojay, Oct 1, 2014.

1. chondrojay

chondrojay Member

I had just bought this male from kingsnakes.com
    I bought him as a breeder for my female manowaki. .his enclosed is 18 wide 20 deep and 14 tall...his temp it at 87 and maintain s 60 percent humidity and 89 once a day...he spends most of his time on the floor .and will not eat ..he Is about 4 1/2 feet long and I was told he's 3 years of age
    .iam new with the chondros ...iam have been breeding boa morphs for a few years ....iam can't get him to eat ..iam was intending to breed him this year .but I don't think that's happening. .iam concerned of his well being ..and ny info would be greatly appreciated. ..
    This is a picture of him now .he looks real thin like he hasn't eaten in months

Attached Files:

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You should post all of his specs. What are the temps, humidity, etc? How are you measuring the temps, humidity, etc? What was the breeder feeding him prior to you getting him? Those who can answer your questions are going to need to know these things.

3. chondrojay

chondrojay Member

I thought I did ..I posted Temps and humidy level s witch I use a humidity gauge in each cage...I use a temp gun to verify the Temps on a regular basis..he was eating fresh killed mice...I even put a live one at night to see if I could spike his feeding response...he hasn't lost all his strength yet ..he still hangs on to my hand while I hold him..

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

87 might be too high for it. What are you using for heat? As to breeding it this year I would say no. Males are usually easier but if you just got it you don't know much about him yet. They will ground for a couple of things but too hot is often the cause. As to eating I had one that went a year with no interest and then just started up on her own. Now she won't miss a meal. Chondros ( no offense) are not like boas and much more sensitive. Humidity can also stand to be higher, at some point it should start at 100 and then drop. A thermostat with a probe right where it should perch is going to be your best bet. Radient heat panels are the way to go for arboreals

5. JoeyG

Just saw pic.... where did you get it from? Also may need more cover in order to feel more secure in the new home

6. chondrojay

chondrojay Member

I'd rather not say there name ..they did right by me with the two females I had gotten from them ...but the pictures I got of him didn't show his condition. .hopefully they replace him...I have 3 beautiful females ready to go this year.it would be a shame to waste this year ..last night I did catch him drinking out of the water bowl...and I did drop him temp to 85 degrees. .

7. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice!

8. JoeyG

Drinking is always good but seems like we rarely catch them doing it. I wouldn't say you need to return him. He just needs a good home. They really are beautiful animals! Best of luck and let us know if he perches again, I usually shot for 84 myself.

9. chondrojay

chondrojay Member

Well I have to say after his water soaking treatment I have been giving him once a day .Joey g temp over night did go to 84 he finally perched himself and was Cruzing the cage at night .this morning I found him all rested on his perch.....his. body definition looks much better ... I think he's going to stay ....I'll breed him next year ....still in the hunt for another male for this year...

10. chondrojay

chondrojay Member

Here's a pic of him this morning

Attached Files:

11. JoeyG

Congrats on perching!! At night I let it drop to 80 or even 79. Seems they do better like this IMHO. Good luck with your projects, check out mvf forum's classifies for males.